Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
12 days missed period

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

12 days missed period

hi, i am 22yrs and 12 days late for my period, on 10th day morning i checked hpt it cme negative and on same day i went near doctor she told to wait 1 more week, i am having symptoms lower back pain, headache and sore breast, it could be pregnancy symptoms? i am having another question if women be pregnant then the result must show within 7 days but some women it takes 3 weeks why?
Pregnancy tests are 99.9% accurate within seven days after your missed period. If it takes longer than that it's usually because you ovulated at the end of your cycle or that it is not a viable pregnancy and will end in miscarriage. Symptoms are NOT a good indication of pregnancy as they can be psychological, illness, PMS or even for no known reason. So don't go based on symptoms.

I would suggest waiting a few more days and test again with your first morning urine.
Also stress can delay your cycle
Three months ago I had this same thing happen. I've never in my life missed a period and for weeks and weeks I kept taking an HPT with no results. At last I figured out I was having a "Phantom Pregnany" or hormone imbalance. I've been on the pill for nearly ten years, and a lot of things can cause a hormone imbalance from the water you drink to the things you eat to the pill itself, I learned. Anyway, that hormaone imbalance eventually managed to mess with my birth control and now my husband and I are pregnant, which we're delighted and surprised, but basically just be careful if you're on birth control because it doesn't always work, especially if you have a hormone imbalance. Look into it, that's my best advice. That and get the HPT's from the dollar store, they're sensitive to 25, just as good as first response! That's the one I used when I finally found out I was pregnant, one day before the missed period.
hansen20 commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
Hollus commented on veronica0808's status
Hollus commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy