Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
12 weeks pregnant. Not seen a doctor or a midwife and had no scan why w...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

12 weeks pregnant. Not seen a doctor or a midwife and had no scan why won't they see me ?

Taken 4 tests at home all came up positive so I rang my doctor to book in and they said I had to do a sample n they would send it off n to ring them back in 2 days. So I rang the family planning and went there took a test and it came up positive n they to said to me I was around 12 weeks pregnant. they said it could have come up negative because when you are 3 month + it won't pick up hCG but it did.  they wright  me a letter to my doctor to say I was pregnant and I showed them it and they still said I had to do a test n ring up. I don't understand why they won't book me in to see the doctor. I should be having my scan now and I haven't seen my doctor or Ethan a midwife. I'm stating to worry this will be my 1st pregnancy so I don't no what to expect. Iv been having allot of pain to day in my stomach like I tight feeling n like I'm due on my period my bra as been really hurting me it feels really tight, pain between my boobs like heart burn but not my heart I no it sounds daft. I'm just worrying and don't no what to expect. I want to have my scan to make sure things are ok but I mite not get it till I'm 16 weeks now because it's late already  and had no appointments. I dint think I could Ethan get pregnant and I am so now am worrying something is going to go wrong. Can some1 give me a bit of advice and put my mined at rest xx
maybe you should call around and try a different doctors office
I think I am going to. need to ring up in the morning and my mum is coming with me as she will no a lot more than me and will make then refure me to the midwife if it docent get sorted I will change my doctors.
Yea i would start looking for another doctor too. Prenatal care is very important in the first trimester, good luck!
the same thing happened to me! my docters took 2 months to refer me to the hospital, i had my 1st app 28th feb then they booked me in for my dating scan 7th march and found i was 15weeks and 5 days. it is really frustrating and i know exactly what your going through! you feel almost let down by the docters and that.

the benefit ive found is now the ball is rolling i dont have to wait as long for my 20 week scan :) make sure your taking pre natal vitamins though, ive been taking pregnacare, there in tescos for like £5. congratss too :) :)
Thank you. I rung my doctor today for my test results and they said I had to ring after 3 and put the phone down on me. So I rung back and made an appointment after 4 so I will be going to the doctors 2 day my mum is coming with me 2 so hope I get some more advise. I'm just so worried that something will go wrong. And I'm a really funny eater I don't eat much I don't like meat I done like a lot of fruit so am getting worried but am not giving my baby what it needs as I'm not getting no iron no vitamin c and not a lot of what I'm ment to be getting so I'm going to have to take loads of tablets but like a bit of advice from my doctor for what is best for me and the baby. Just looking forward to seeing my doctor then I can start to see my midwife n then my mined will be at rest. Xx
I don't know about in the UK, but here in the US many doctors won't even schedule the first ob appt until 10-12 weeks.  
I went to my doctors 2day and they did felt my belly and said she thinks am thurther on she thinks am 15 week. and did an ultra sound n I Hurd it's lil heart beat it wo lovely but she culdent really tell n just said I had to get in for a scan asap in the next week or so and had to see midwife asap. Also I don't no if any 1 has had this before but the doctor was feeling my belly n now I feel so big n look a lot bigger is it because she has moved the baby a bit ??
heather727 commented on photo
19 mins ago
hansen20 commented on photo
24 mins ago
heather727 commented on Tubal ligation
25 mins ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy