13 weeks and 3 days preg. spotting.
i'm going through my second pregnancy. i misscarried at 7 weeks in december 2009. i started spotting and cramping at about 5 weeks with my first pregnancy, but this one is different. the spotting started at about 11 weeks i want to say. and it's light brown. it comes and goes. somedays i'll spot, some i wont. i've never filled a small liner (not a maxi pad) i had some brownish red but no cramps at all yet. (knock on wood!) i'm just curious as to what to think? anyone have any ideas?
Could just be caused for many reasons. During pregnancy our cervixs get more sensitive so even having rougher sex can cause spotting or bleeding. The best thing to do would be to get an ultrasound done by your doctor to make sure everything is ok and maybe find out the reason for the spotting. The fact that you are not cramping is actually really good! During my last pregnancy I started bleeding at 5 weeks worse than a period (I didn't have any cramps) I get an ultrasound and it showed a subchorionic hematoma (a cut behind the sac) which was causing me to bleed externally. I continued to bleed almost everyday for 5 weeks straight and then one day it just stopped. They are actually pretty common in early pregnancy and usually resolve themselves before the 20th week.