14 weeks pregnant & itching like crazy
I am 14 weeks pregnant & at night I itch so much!.  it is not my belly really....  mostly my arms & back.  sometimes my legs. even my neck, head & ankles.  it wakes me at night & is really annoying.    I have also been sneezing A LOT!  i'M NOT SURE IF THE ITCHING & SNEEZING ARE RELATED????     I don't notice the itching during the day really, just at night.  is this normal?  I was doing some research & now I'm just scared about a bile / liver thing that can harm the fetus.  

I use a lot of lotion.  Any imput would help.  (we also just got a new fireplace insert at our home.... dry air???)
Itching and sneezing CAN be connected since they're both linked to the body's over-production of histamines in the blood....it could be PUPP even if it isn't on your belly...or it could be cholestasis...or it could just be your body's reaction to pregnancy hormones making your skin drier, more sensitive, etc....have you used anything new on your sheets? any new detergent?

When is your next doctor's appointment? I would try applying some gentle lotion like Aveeno with oatmeal and see if that helps, you'll know within a day or two...if not it's worth calling to ask your doctor about. itching severely during pregnancy CAN indicate a problem, or it can just be a reaction to hormones, but better safe than sorry. if it gets worse, call...otherwise I'd try lotion for a few days and switching to a more moisturizing body wash (avoid any products with soy as it metabolizes through the skin as estrogen and can raise hormone levels too high in the fetus)....increase your water intake and wash your sheets without any detergent to see if having them completely free of soaps will help...don't use dryer sheets for a few days, etc...just see if any of that helps. yes the drier air could contribute so I would try a few different things and see if anything helps.

good luck :-).
also...most doctors consider benedryl safe to use, especially now that you're in the 2nd trimester, so if you want to call your doctor and see if they approve of you trying that for a night to see if the itching is due to histamines or something else, it's worth a shot!
I am almost 11 weeks and have horrible itching as well. I think it could be pregnancy related and I also think it's because the weather is so cold where I am now and the air is so dry inside. I normally get dry skin in the winter, but what I have now is insane. I plan on bringing it up to my midwife next week. My legs itch so bad, they break open and I can't even shave my legs anymore. At night, it's definitely worse for me, I just itch all over like wool is on me or something. It's really strange. I hope something will work! I have been using coconut oil everyday, and it only relieves it for a little while.
I am exactly the same way, started week six of pregnancy and in week 31 I still have it!  My dr said it was the hormones making my allergies kicked into overdrive. I am now using Aveno sensitive skin body wash, All free and clear detergent and adding an extra rinse cycle to everything in the wash and the drier sheets are bounce free and clear hypoallergenic (detergent is hypoallergenic too) I also use benadryl orally as needed. I moisturize all the time and use a humidifier. I avoid getting too warm as that makes it worse and I sleep with a humidifier. All of these seem to have helped a lot. When I shave I do it rarely bc it itches SO bad and then I turn bright red and scratch in my sleep till I bleed :( so after shaving I use cortisone cream and take a benadryl. The next day I soak in a tub of Epsom salts and then ice my legs when they itch. I get rashes on my arms legs and back, occasionally my stomach. My OB said it wasn't PUPP or anything else worrysome just a pain in the butt. I hope one of these tips help