Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
15 weeks and constant dull ache in low abdomen right side

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hello girls!
I have been experiencing this dull ache/pain in my right side for the last week that comes and goes but is more consntant.... It worries me because I still have no bump, not gained weight and now this pain.... is anybody else experiencing this?

Also, I was so surprised when I stood on the scale - I am still horribly underweight and have not gained a pound, is everything ok? I am 15 weeks already, and still weight 104 pnds!!
I have the same thing happen to me, it's like..a heaviness/achy feeling right where your uterus is. I worried and worried until I talked to my doctor, he said it's completely normal, it's your uterus stretching, some woman feel quick stabbing pains, others feel what we feel. I'm 14W1D today and I've only gained 1 pound so far, and my OB told me its REALLY good.. most women gain too much weight too fast because they really think they have to eat a ton more when you're "eating for two" - you should gain about 8-16 pounds around the 20 week mark, then 16-24 for the second 20 weeks. Also, not showing is a good thing, I'm so short I'm showing quite a bit already, but not showing is a sign of good stomach muscles - as long as the baby is growing good you have nothing to worry about. Good luck!
thank you for your response. I am going to see a doc tomorrow to put my mind at ease, hopefully he will also perform an ultrasound to make sure that my baby is growing...I am 15 weeks and I haven't gained 1 pound, moreover, I am pretty underweight (by 10 pounds...) so that's why I am concerned...and this dull ache is almost constant now. The nurse sounded concerned so that's why im going to see a doc tomorrow....
I hope everything is ok!
Sounds like you are still growing...I didn't really show until I was close to 20 w.  Good thing though that they gave you an appointment, it is always best to get checked =)
Yeah, so I checked and everything was fine. I am still experiencing pain which I can only think relate to the growing uterus.....however, as you may know, doctors don't think too much about your pains and problems so sometimes they say its fine and then it appears to be not.. At this point, I just want to hope for the best and wait another 5 weeks to be in 20 weeks and so the m/c rate drops drastically....I wonder when I feel the baby? At least some kinda movements...
its just your uterus stretching for baby. i had this too at around 12 weeks and again lately. (23 weeks) there is a point where your abs are no longer together if that makes sense and thats bound to hurt. it seems like pain comes and goes with being pregnant, just wait till your back starts to hurt!! Good Luck!
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
KTowne commented on renae176's status
Hollus, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy