16 Week Blood Serum Test
HI,

I am 27 years old and 15 weeks pregnant.  I have had a great pregnancy with no complications.  I went to the DR last week and he offered me a blood serum test to check for forms of retardation.  I am torn over if I want this test done.  I have bad anxiety and worry that I will be way too stressed and anxious to wait for the results, and what if they are bad?  Is it necessary for me to have this test?  Am I in any risk given my age etc?  And, can the things detected in the blood test be seen on a ultra sound?  Or do you have to have the test done to find out this stuff.  Please help I am very confused over what to do.  Also when do you feel the baby move for the first time?  I sometimes have a weird pinch in my stomach could that be it?  Thank You for your help.
I am 16 weeks pregnant and I was offered this test at my last dr appt. I am not getting it done so no it is not required. Your age also has nothing to do with y they offered it. Im 19 best of luck in your decision.