16 weeks preg - spotting brown/pink for 3 weeks
Hi All,

I am 16 weeks pregnant, and for the last three weeks I have spotting brown/pink.  My doc said the usual, "Don't worry, it's not bright red, blah, blah."  The same generic explanation that probably every woman who has ever spotted has received.

It's not a lot.  In fact, it's very small - doesn't even fill a panty liner.  It's just really scary.  Somedays, I do better with it than others.  I guess today's an off day.

It's weird because it's never been on the TP, it's always been on the liner only.  I bought a HB doppler when this all started, and it's truly been a sanity saver.  The HB is always between 155 and 160.

I have an U/S next Tues.  The doc said I may have a low laying placenta, and that they could see that on the U/S.

Also, we didn't have sex anytime close to when the spotting started.  I keep trying to tell myself that if something bad was going to happen, it would get worse, or I would start cramping, or would see bright, red blood.  Of course, that's just the sanity-saving part of my brain talking, and I am just pulling that one out of my rear.  I have absolutely no evidence to back that up! :)

Anyone else been in this situation?  

TIA,

Beth
Well since it has not stopped I think you need to be on bed rest and see if that helps and they need to get you in for your us sooner! The dr is right that if it is not bright red and enough to soak a pad then most likely there is nothing major wrong. But you always make sure first thing before saying there isn't!!!! You should have NO sex lifting bending etc which is peliv rest till this is better if they do not put you on bed rest. The thing is that there is so much  blood flow to that area that blood vessels can break on the outside and casue that. I thad that the whle time with my first 4 pregnancies. That said I did ahve them all premature! Not everyone does though so things can still be OK. ALso you can have blood like that if you are dialating. WIth my first I did that and went into labor at 16 weeks and they were able to stop it and I went back from 3 cm to closed by the next day. Yes you can undialate. I had dialated even before I went into labor. So you need a check and the ultrasound can tell you if you are dialated too. If everything checks out OK then good and they can monitor you fomr there. I was put on breathine to stop contractions till I delivered. THey need to catch things early so they can stop things from going bad.

On another note my cousin did what I did and never had hers early, just bleed and cramped. They id put her on bed rest though.

Hope you get to that dr asap and just say you are pregnant and emotional and you insist and they can not say everything is fine till you are fully checked. I would put my foot down on that!!!!! You need it for your sanity and emotional health! As well as for the baby. Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the words of advice.  I called the doc, freaked out, and demanded an earlier U/S.  I have one tomorrow at 4:00, and I am hoping I get some answers.

Thanks again,
Beth
I had bright red bleeding 2 weeks ago when I was 19 weeks. Scared the crap out of me and I rushed down to the ER. Luckily my babies are fine but they did diagnose me with a low lying placenta. In fact it's covering my cervix. I was put on bed rest for 2 weeks - I am just going back to work today. The bleeding only lasted that night and a little the next morning after my cervical exam, but I've had light brown spotting since then. My doc said as long as it's not bright red it's fine, but I still feel uncomfortable! I am requesting for an earlier appointment next week to get it checked again if it has not stopped by then.

Hopefully things will work out fine for us!  :)
I have had bleeding with all three of my pregnancies...
Brown/ pink spotting is old blood...
Your cervix and surrounding areas are super sensitive when pregnant and may slightly tear during intercourse.. which would result in this spotting.
. it would be a good idea to get an ultrasound to see where your placenta lies tho.