Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
17 weeks pregnancy and no fetal heartbeat

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 17 weeks pregnant. I went to the docs day before yesterday and the doc detected the fetal heart rate with the doppler easily. I went to the doctor this morning as well but the doc could not find the fetal heartbeat. He did not explain why but told me to come back in a few days time. My next Ultrasound appointment is 2 weeks away. Could it be due to the position of the baby? I am heavy built as well, could that be the reason. I have always been able to hear the heartbeat everytime I go to he docs but today it is worrying me sick. Should I book an earlier ultrasound app?
I would have demanded an ultrasound right away that's a lot of stress :( I'm sorry. Get an ultrasound appt asap. Good luck
Try not to worry.  If you're heavy built, it is possible that a handheld doppler plus the baby shifting position were together working to cause it to be hard to find the heartbeat.  Do see if they will give you an earlier ultrasound, just for your own peace of mind.
When I went to the doctor they couldn't find a heartbeat, my doctor told me it could have been from the position of the baby, but when I went to get an ultrasound the baby didn't have a heartbeat. Have you been having any bad cramping?
THank you all. I went to the docs again this afternoon and had a female doc check the heartbeat. She found it within 5 secs. She told me the that the doc who checked earlier should have recommended Ultrsasound straight away. I got too emotional and cried in front from the Doc. She said everything is fine and nothing to worry about. THank you all for replying. I am sleep in peace now.
Few, Harry used to ALWAYS hide behind my heartbeat... Still does when he can.

I am glad everything is okay..

xx
I've cried in front of the doctor before, once justified (when they told me that my twins had died) and once totally nuts (I was trying to tell him that the work he does, IVF, is really a gift from God for so many women, and began to bawl).  Hated doing it that second time, I looked like such an idiot.  I guess they see women cry so much that they don't take it as though one is the idiot that one feels.  :)
Such a happy ending, sweetie! I'm glad she found the heartbeat and don't even worry one minute about crying. You LOVE your baby and you were relieved. I'm sure the doctor understood that more than you realize.
I'm so glad that everything is ok!!  I cried in front of my OB yesterday too I think they are used to it especially in pregnancy with our lovely hormones ;) but hormones or not you love your baby and I would have cried too. Such a relief to know everything is ok.
Thanks guys for the support! My 19 weeks morphology ultra sound is next week!! Really excited!!
Good luck!! Ultrasounds were always so cool, and I loved to see my baby girl. Are you finding out the gender?
If that happens again I wouldn't worry too much about it Especially if you've heard it every other time before. I had the same problem and I am a thick woman as well.. When I went to the 12 week appt. it took her about 10 mins to find the heart beat and she said it was because I have a deep pelvis.....It makes it harder to find the heart beat when your "thick" woman..... Good luck
KeeLolo, desderius, Shannon79, hansen20, and Hollus commented on KeeLolo's status
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy