Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
18 Weeks pregnant and feel pulse in head, throat, nose and chest..All d...

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

18 Weeks pregnant and feel pulse in head, throat, nose and chest..All day long.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I am 18 weeks pregnant.   It all started a few weeks ago and I seem to have better days and horrible days.  I always have that pulse in my neck/throat and inside my nose, (feel it all the time but sometimes it is less noticeable )  but sometimes I get horrible days with headache (pain with pulse in my head) and feel my heartbeat everywhere in my upper body.  My heart rate is always normal and I monitored my blood pressure last week (for a whole week) and the highest was 144/89 and lowest 126/82.  (I used to be 120/80 or lower but the doc said that the bp readings are okay) SO I have no idea what is causing this, and it is driving me nuts! I am afraid that it will get worse..Anyone ever have this heartbeat feeling in your throat, nose, sometimes hands and always in chest?
Your body is pumping 50% more blood then a non-pregnant body would. So long as your heartrate and BP are normal then it isn't problematic. Some women are just more in-tuned to what their body is doing and can feel their blood pumping through their veins.
It might still be high blood pressure, the only difference is that you don't have it 24/7. Those headaches definitely sound like hbp. They say that a blood pressure of 140/90 or higher is considered high blood pressure and you said your highest was 144/89. There's your answer :-)
hansen20 commented on My 2 Clinic Visits th...
hansen20 I didn't gain any weight un... Comment
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy