Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
1st Trimester

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Viewing 201-245 comments:
I remember when I was sick..... huh  terrible!
I am 5 weeks today with my second child. I found out about this one a day before my birthday. With my first one I found out a day after my birthday. Great birthday presents. : ) this one is due two days after my first ones due date. My due date is January 27 2010 as of right now. I still have not gone to the docter yet, that is schedualed for June 24. I cannot wait!
I know the feeling !! lol
Hi.

I'm 6 weeks today. I have been bleeding for the past 7 days, when it started I had cramps- but now I only bleed (in the afternoons). I'm not hvaing any pregancy symptoms and that's worrying me....
Please advise
Just wanted to post a question. I am 5w5d and I went from having sore breast, fatigue, frequent unrination, and immense appetite to virtually no symptoms. My breast soreness has subsided as well as most of the other symptoms. Is this normal? I also have this impending sense of doom. I can't explain it it's almost to the point where I want to cry all the time.  I don't have a dr. appt for another 2 weeks and this is driving me nuts. I just want to feel normal, well I guess that's the problem I feel completely normal as if nothing happened. This is my second pregnancy but my last one was almost 13 years ago. I never had any problems and I can't remember how I'm supposed to feel anymore. Can someone give me a little insight please?
I am feeling that naucious feeling I felt with my first pregnancy. Oh man If this is like the last one I am in for some seriouse toilet hugging, all well, at least I know I am still pregnant. that is the only upside to morning sickness, or in my case, all day sickness!
I would try to get and appointment. It sounds like you maybe having or had a miscarriage. spotting is ok during a pregnancy but for a whole week? I would definatly recommend seeing the doctor.

Mammas- I dont see why you should be worried. You say you feel like you want to cry all the time and dont have any symptoms. Trust me crying and being very emotional is a symptom! lol. So your doing fine. As long as your dont have any sharp all of a sudden pain or lots of bleeding I think you'll be fine. Once you do i would suggest going to your doctor.
I have had my tubes cut 14 years ago and have three children .my period lasted 2 days. my husband and i had sex after my period ened. a couple days later i had very light pink spotting 2 days in a row. I have lower back pain now and morning sickness but i get only diarriah and everything i eat wil not stay in also i pee wayyyyyy more then i ever have and just feeling so tired and  burnt out and weak daily anyway i heard that even if the tubes are cut and tied they do have a chance of growing back i will take a test to see if i am prego but i dont want to get my husbands hopes up if i do go to the store and buy a test he will be with me the reason is i am new to the state we live in so i go no where without him until i know the city so please may i have some advice thank you and god bless (ps i did pray for many days to have a baby with my husband our children are older he is 39 and i am 36 ) thank you agian
I dont really know what kind of advise to give.... knowing that you two have wanted kids I pray that you are pregnant. It sure does ound like you have the symptoms. Other then that Im at a loss. I will be prying for you all!
I still have diarrah and  cramping in lower back peeing to much it is kinda annoying at this piont . my period actually came about a week earlier then normal but that is also normal u know period have minds of thier own we dont control them all we can do is try to keep track of them but anyways it came a week early the abnormal thing is it only lasted 2 days the first day it was heavy then next day it was very light then nothing on the thrid day 2 days later pink spotting that lasted up until late afternoon in the moring i do feel like i m going to puke but instead i have a loss stool that had subsided for a day i was pretty happy for that but it came back the next day . ok here are the dates (apr. 30, 2010 normal period lasted 5 days.................may 21, 2010 not normal period lasted 2 days ended 22 at next next day no bleeding .............may 25th pink spotting when i wiped everytime i peed only for that day then may 27 lower back cramps on and off also diarrah about 20 minutes after everything i eat and to much peeing as well now today is june 3rd 2010 yesterday i did not have any diarrah up until late afternoon urinatting has calmed down a bit thankfully but this morning agian i wake up have peeing like normal but diarrah is back in action still have lower back pain and cramping in my abdomen well thats the run down
Hmmmmmm?
i just needed to talk about all of it because it has me batty i guess it helps me to calm down i also hmmmmmmmmm myself as well i will just wait and see what happens next month
New to this forum...I'm 6weeks and 4days. I feel pretty good except for the fatigue. I'm not feeling sickly but I do have food aversions. I find that I'm nervous about my pregnancy all of the time. It's my first time bring pregnant. I know the odds are in my favor but you hear so many horror stories.

We have chosen to go to a midwife so I won't hear the baby till between 10-12 weeks. She only uses Doppler and not ultrasound so it takes a little longer to pick up the heartbeat. I know my anxiety is normal...I just wish the first trimester would speed up a little :)

I hope you ladies are all having a healthy 1st tri.
new to this forum... i am 22 years old and 4w5d  according to my LMP I haven't actually "felt" pregnant yet...ive missed my period, tested positive, nipples are very sensitive, constantly running to the restroom to pee( sometimes I dont even have to pee much at all but feel the urge) loose stool (again having to go more often), slight dull headache, not very nauseas although I tend to get queasy very briefly then it goes away as sudden as itt comes on. also im very gassy. are all of these symptoms normal at 4w5d? this is all new to me since this is my first pregnancy...what can I expect in the weeks to follow. thank you:) and congrats to all of you ladies
Thanks for your advice.
Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage on Saturday.... It's hard, very hard. But with the grace of God I'll get through this.
Sabinky

I had a miscarriage last year and I feel your pain. Push forward and stay healthy so when you get pregnant again you won't have to change your life around again.

chasegrl119

All of your symptoms are normal. I had all the same stuff and it only gets worse before it gets better. That nagging sick feeling will linger for awhile but you can help the others. Eat right or (trust me) you will get a very upset stomach due to gas. I am 11 weeks and my nipples went from hurting to itchy, and ou can't just scratch cause it still hurts. lol. In the next few weeks you will have your first ultrasound, I would suggest waiting until about 7 weeks so you can see the little heartbeat. I saw mine and it really makes everything seem real and worth it. My doctors say, the more symptoms you have, the better. It means you hcg levels are rising at the right pace. Good luck to you!

To everyone else - Welcome to the first trimester!

******Baby dust******
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this with a positive outcome but I'd really like to know what people think.  I am supposed to be 7w2d and I had my first ultrasound today and the tech said that I was only measuring 5w4d. All you could see was a gestational sac and nothing else. My Dr. requested another Hcg test to be done. I am beside myself. I have felt perfectly fine the whole time no cramping no bleeding nothing. Any advise please.
I am so sorry to hear about your M/C. My prayer are with you through this time. I know how you feel. I too had a M/C not to long ago. It hurts but, god makes these decisions for a reason. Maybe the baby was unhealthy or the pregnancy was going to make both of you unhealthy. No one really know why these things happen but we just have to pray and praise God for the bad times as well as the good times. It wil happen and you will have the happiest, healthiest baby you have ever seen and you will know then God knew what he was doing.

As for the rest of the discussion....
I am 10 wks today . DH and I go to the drs on wed. so check on our little bean. DD(1 1/2) is so precious. The other day I asked her where the aby iws and she said "baby" and patted her belly and mine. I told her it was time for her nap so instead of kissing me she kissed my belly ! lol. kids are so adorable.. when they want to be lol.
Well, I guess I know what the outcome will be I started spotting today. I hoped it wouldn't happen but it's out of my hands.
I am currently 6.5 weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy, so we are very happy, excited, but at the same time nervous. I started to notice some light pink spotting at about 4.5 weeks, and I called my doctor and she assured me it's fine. Then, for about the last week, I have had brownish red spotting on and off. Somedays, it would just be once a day, sometimes just two for three times a day, and I was reassured that it's fine as long as it's brown and not heavy. Then, two days ago, my brown spotting seems to have increased in frequency and quantity. But still not considered heavy to my doctor's standard. I was still alarmed and had them do a blood test to make sure my hormone levels were where it should be, and it was. The doctor insisted I relax and don't stress out.

Then! last night, I had a very vivid dream. In my dream, I had a miscarriage, and it was horrible and intense, and in it, I was crying and bawling and couldn't stop. I woke up in the middle of the night with blood in my underwear. But this time it was red, not brown. I went to the bathroom, and more red blood was coming out. I freaked out and woke up my husband. He asked if we should go to the ER, but I remembered how I always over reacted before, and told him, I'll wait and see if it gets worse and go if I get cramps or pain. I didn't, and later that morning during my BM, I had more bright red blood. I really don't know what to make of this. I feel like I've bothered my doctor enough. Could this bleeding be related to my vivid dream? I read in one of my pregnancy books, that vivid dreams do occur during pregnancy... My next appointment isn't until 1.5 weeks later which is when I'm at 8 weeks.... I have no idea how I'm going to wait until then, because it seems like there is a problem or worry every other day!

Please share your thoughts or opinions or experience!
your doctors are there for a reason, your not bothering them their there to help. you need to call the doctor. all he can do is tell you your fine which is what you want to hear. you dont want to hear them say well if you had come in sooner. then your kick yourself forever bc you know it was your fault you didnt go in.
First of all, if, God forbid, you are having a m/c at this early in a pregnancy there is just about nothing you or anyone can do to stop it.  It is nature and it means that there is something really wrong.  If it's not then you will be ok but you really should call your dr. or go to the ER.  If you are bleeding like that it is not normal and you need to get help.  I'm no expert but if it were me I would take myself in and get some help immediately.  Second, if it is a m/c don't you ever think in a million years that it was your fault and shame on anyone who tells you it is. Barring you're not smoking crack or drinking heavily or puting your body in harms way then don't ever think that.  If it is nothing then the dr.'s will tell you it's nothing but this to me doesn't sound like nothing.  So for your piece of mind please call your dr. and get some help and make them see you. If he/she get's irritated like your bothering him/her then find a new damn dr. it is their job and that is why they get paid the big bucks. Best wishes and my prayers are with you.
I made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. I continued to spot all day. Just a little, but enough to change the panty liner every time I go to the bathroom. I'm so scared. I really hope that everything is fine. Thanks for your word's of encouragements.
Dont think in any way I was trying to tell her IF she didnt go in it woul be her fault she had the M/C. I was imply stating what went through my mind when I had mine. I know its natural and theres nothing I could have or she could do . but you automatically accuse yourself of doing something wrong if you know you could have gotten help.
UPDATE:

Last night, I had period like cramps for couple hours, and then I went to the bathroom to pee. When I wiped, there were dark dark brown, almost black tissue like thick clots. I was horrified! I had never seen anything like it! I already had made an appointment for the next morning, so there was nothing I could do but wait. The night was long and I cried most of the time because I was so scared. My husband kept insisting we go to the ER immediately, but I told him, I'd rather hear the news (good or bad) from our doctor. And I wasn't in any pain.  

Next morning, we went to see my doctor, and I told her everything in detail. We did an ultrasound, and everything was normal and great. We got to see our baby's heartbeat for the first time. The first time I had the ultrasound was at 5 weeks so there wasn't much to see, but at 7 weeks, I saw the little bean with the little flickering heartbeat. The doctor confirmed that everything was fine, and said that all my spotting and cramps were fine as long as in wasn't severe pain and heavy bleeding. I asked about the bright red spotting, and she said that's fresh blood and she doesn't know why. All she could say was all pregnancy's are different, and she told me during her second pregnancy, she spotted for one month. It's the fetus latching on and the uterus expanding, and every body responds differently. But she understood, how all these chain of events terrified me. I am scheduled for another appointment two weeks later, to make sure everything is ok. Until then, she told me to take it easy, and no intercourse.

Being pregnany, I just became much more aware of everything going on in my body, and it's sooo easy to be paranoid and anxious. Having brown spotting on and off for a week, and the middle of the night bright red bleeding, and the weird black clots! sheeesh!

I hope anyone with similar symptoms who is panicing now, could take comfort in my story. (because I know I freaked out) I'll update again if anything else happen!
Right now not all but a lot of women on this site, including myself, are not here because they are having wonderful perfect pregnancies. Alot of them are scared out of their minds because there is a very good possibility that their pregnancies will not continue to term. I am definitely one of those people myself.  Everyone just wants a little reassurance and advice.  Most people want and need to hear in situations like this that it is in no way shape or form their fault.  I know it runs through everyone's head about what they could have done differently to make sure a pregnancy continued but like I said they all need assurance that there was nothing they could do.  At the point when a pregnancy is being lost it is in God's hands and He has chosen to take that sweet angel into his own arms.  After I went to my dr. for my first ultrasound and they told me that things weren't looking good I went in search of something, anything I could do to try and turn things around.  After searching and searching I found nothing.  There is nothing that can be done and if there were wouldn't everyone be doing it?  If this has happened to you, you know what I'm talking about. And then there is always that long agonizing wait and see period.  But then once you have come to the realization that there is something wrong and there is nothing you can do you feel helpless and all you want is for someone to comfort you. And it's sad when no one does.  This site full of women all going through the same things all feeling the same feelings.  I would hope that we would all comfort each other through these difficult times. Be a beacon for those in need. I know I've been rambling but I just had to say it.  Wishing you all the best.
PRAISE THE LORD!!!  Prayer always works! let us know if anything happens and update us when you go to your dr. appointment.
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I really dont know if im pregent or not. I have sore breast and morning sickness, and giving to bathroom it seems to be a million times a day, and be tired all the time. But see heres the thing I have 4 little girls an i had little things put in my tubes to create scar tissue so i wouldn't ever get pregent again. An my spouse is fixed also. So in the back of my head I know its about impossible for me to be prego but in the other hand i have some symtoms (symptoms) and my period later by 10 days. Any thoughts on what esle it be?
Thank you all for being there the last couple of months.  There will not be another ultrasound appt today I miscarried last night. I don't even know what to do now. I guess I will just endure.  Again thank you to all of you.
hello there....i have awayle from the last time i bin arround here.....hope, is the last thing we have to lose.....I have a 6 and half girl after her I misscarry 7 time and my baby number 9 I thougth I will misscarry.....I start to bleed at 7 week and half and I spot and bleed for 4 week and half, goin and coming.....they never found why I was bleeding but thanks god stop around my 12 week and in two more day I will be 25 week with a lillte girl inside me....hold on there and pray and have faith.....god be with you and your baby and bless and take care or both of you....take care and my prayer will be with you.
Awww. Hunny Im so sorry to hear that. Are you sure. did the Dr. confirm the M/C?
I just taught id like to join.

A little about myself  i have a beautiful daughter whos now 4 i am currently 6 weeks pregnant with my second. got pregnant on my 3rd month ttc i took a pg test 9 dpo and got a slight line but it wasnt fmu and taught i was seein things so i tested 10 dpo with fmu and got a dark line was very excited. Since then ive had very sore bbs which have increased alot but thats easing off now and extreme tiredness i have no energy to do anything i also have lower back pain and sickness everyday till about 5 in the evening. Im suffering very bad with hayfever so it makes all my symptoms seem worse. the headaches have all but stoped and the cramps are few and far between aswel. Ive turned away from tea,coffee and popcorn and ive a strong sence of smell. Well i look forward to chatting to you all and congrats to all xx
Thank you for your sympathy. Yes I am sure. Dr. did not confirm but I gave them the clear sac for testing. So I'm pretty sure that was it.  They will start my bloodwork on Monday to make sure everything passes the way it was supposed to. Then after I start my next cycle they will do an ultrasound to confirm it is all gone.  All they did was give me some pain meds and send me on my way.  Now I just wait.  I finally went to work today and my boss just looked at me and sent me home. Told me unless I have something pressing he doesn't want to see me tomorrow either.
Well that good that your boss understands what your going through right now. I know as a person you probably dont want sympothy but rest is what you ultimitly need. Thats good that you have a boss like that !
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I wrote your post myself. It sounds the same as what happened to me. This just happened 2 days ago. At which time I was 7wk 6 days. I was with my BF, not close to my OB, so that morning, when I woke up to blood and clots after having pain the previous day, my BF took me to the ER. I was so scared. I called my Mother, and we both thought this was the end of this pregnancy. When I got to the hospital the ER Dr. saw me and then they called the u/s tech in to do an ultrasound.  We saw the heartbeat, saw the little "Bean" swimming around and everything looked fine. And measured 8wk 1 day. They called in the hopital OB and he examined me and did some test to ruleout any infections..etc.. He too assured me everything was fine and  sometimes this happens with no explanation. (I am on Progestrone suppositories for slightly low levels in my 5week. Will do those until week 12) It always helps to hear of simular situations to reassure ourselves :o)
It's 2 days later I have no bleeding, some cramping, and still feel pregnant in everyway! Booo  to the "sickness". But I keep reminding myself that as long as I feel this way, I know my little bean is still goin strong.
Good Luck and prayers to all.
Hi ladies. Good luck in the first trimester!! im at 12 weeks now and week 8-9 was the hardest, the fatigue was rough. It's alot better now though since week 11. I did end up throwing up yesterday but I think I was in the sun too long. Either way things are going better.

if any of you worry like me, get yourself a doppler on ebay. I heard the heartbeat at week 11. IT's pretty soothing to hear the heartbeat whenever you want.

Good luck to all!
i bought 1 of those dopplers from walmart POC!!! lol i didndt even hear the HB till 7 months lol. im at 10wks 4 days i think  and i am so sick. i havent thrown up yet but i think waiting to throw up is worse then just doing it. :(
Hello all, I am new to this site. I just found out I am pregnancy again. I miscarried at 8 weeks in May and had to have a D&C, so I was shocked to find out I was pregnant again so soon. I am excited and scared to death at the same time. So far, my symptoms have been exactly the same as my last pregnancy. I have to believe that I wouldn't be pregnant if my body wasn't ready, but this first trimester is definitely going to be an emotional ride. The nausea has definitely kicked and I learned today that bananas are off the menu for a while!
Well, I'm 8 weeks pregnant today... Our first I delivered pre-term at 22 weeks with no explanation as to why on December 17th, 2009 and shortly after birth he passed due to severe prematurity. I, again, conceived in March 2010 and miscarried in April 2010 at 5 weeks. This is now our third attempt. So far, everything is progressing perfectly (as it did with our first) but I am so anxious about everything. Every little twinge, pull, or cramp I feel makes my heart race. Wish me luck. I hope all goes well this time around.
5 weeks and feeling nauseated already... it's gonna be a long 9 months lol
Don't worry mine seems to have subsided for the most part and i'm 13 weeks. about the time your second trimester starts is SHOULD ease off. for me its mostly trigger smells like seafood that still make me nauseous. SOME woman, not many, get morning sickness throughout the pregnancy, or it comes back in the 3rd like my sister in laws has.
Well as of today I am 6 weeks pregnant :) Feeling vary nauseus, and extremely tired sore boobs ext. I go for my first ultrasound next wed!! I'm so excited to get to see our lil bean!!!
13 weeks YAY! first trimester over... 2nd here we come...!
14 weeks today, thank goodness im on to second trimester, bye 1st trimester hello 2nd, sticky baby dust to everyone!! <3

xoxo
went to drs today and they said next visit we get to find out what were having... to know or not to know that is the question?
hi, it's nice to join this forum. I'm pregnant 7w3d, i'm going to see my doctor this morning to hear heartbeat. Hope everything will be fine
Hello I am over the moon.  Done a pregnancy test yesterday (11dpo) and got a positive result.  I came off the pill half way through my pack mid May.  So only took a month & half to try.  I am just hoping all goes well.

Hello and congrats to all you mommys:) My hubby and I been trying for a year and last month was our first time on chloimd and I actually ovulated so one of my bestfriends has said and I am suppose to start sat. My breast started feeling sore this morning and it feels like I am going to start my menstrual I also had minor nausea today could I be pregos?
Hello everyone!! I am 24 years old and had 5 yes 5 BFP tests yesterday :) Hubby and I are super excited as this is our first child! I have been tracking my periods and so I know exactly the day we conceived.. which makes my due date around June 15, 2011. Can't wait to go to my first ultrasound appointment! Any advise for my first pregnancy??

Thanks, Amanda
I misscarried on sep 30,2013 had unprotect sex two weeks afterward could I be pregant
Viewing 201-245 comments:
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
hansen20, and Hollus commented on renae176's status
hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy