1st Trimester
A thread just for all of you in the first trimester. First trimester is up until week 14 of pregnancy. Feel free to discuss all of your 1st trimester questions and discussions here!
Thanks Joy!  I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, due date is approx. Sept 5, 2010.  I've had my first ob but the doc didn't impress me at ALL.  She kept talking about how i was unlikely to be able to have a VBAC even though I've had four, she was going to do a quick ultrasound but somehow the settings on her portable machine got messed up and she didn't know how to fix it !!!  So I didn't get one...just as well, too early to see anything anyway.  But of all things,she didn't even give me a due date!!!!!!  I calculated it myself  I'm going to see my old OB on Monday.

No major symptoms yet but I'm sure they will come soon.  I've had sporadic feelings of mild nausea, increased potty breaks, some discomfort "down below", and mood swings, thats really all i can think of right now.
Thank you Joy for starting this.
I will be 11 weeks on Monday !!
Saw my baby swimming around this week on an ultrasound it was amazing.  I am starting to feel a little more relaxed and enjoying my pregnancy a bit more.  My symtoms are easing up some, and I am past my milestones from when I had a loss my first pregnancy.  
I would love to talk to others and help answer questions.  I also have the occasional question or two myself.  :)
Thanks Joy! I am 5 weeks, 1 day today.
2 nights ago I had a tiny bit of red blood on the TP when I wiped. It was the size of a pen dab and it happened twice. I am so worried! I called my midwife and she will be doing an ultrasound on Monday to check the progress and to make sure my cervix is closed. I haven't had any blood since then and no cramping at all so I'm hoping all is well. I am just so afraid that it is the first stage of a miscarriage or something. At 4 weeks, 3 days my HCG level was really high at 2,504 so I'm hoping we will at least be able to see the sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole. I am not expecting to see a heartbeat since it's so early. I just want to be able to relax a little bit about this whole spotting thing and I need some reassurance.
DH is so sweet, he is making me stay in bed this weekend to rest up for Monday. He's cleaned, did the laundry, made me breakfast in bed. He is so great = ) He is feeling very positive about this baby. He doesn't think the spotting was a big deal and I just need to relax!
This is mine and DH's first pregnancy so I am such a worry wart = )

Good Luck to all the first trimester ladies!
Amy:  just keep in mind that you will only be 5 wks 3 days when they do the u/s monday.  It may be too early to see a fetal pole.  I just don't want you to be disappointed and worry more.  With my last preg. I had my first u/s at exactly 5 wks 3 days.  Always we saw was the gestational sac and yolk sac.  A repeat u/s at 8 wks 3 days showed a perfect little bean with a strong heart beat.  Let us know how it goes on monday!!!
Thank you so much for the reassurance. I appreciate it. I definitely don't want to be disappointed if we don't see much. Thanks for the reminder.
Amy:
Same thing happend to me I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 2 days and only saw a sac.  Had a repeat at 6 weeks 3 days and saw my little heartbeat going strong.  Don't worry too much if you can't see anything but the sac.  My levels were 7700 at the time of that first ultrasound, and I still couldn't see the fetal pole or heartbeat.  
I will be 9 weeks on monday and am completely miserable! I am having full blown nausea, vomiting, and even when I am able to eat (usually not until evening) I can't eat very much at a time! this is my 5th pregnancy ( 3 children and 1 MC) and you would think by now it would be easier, but each pregnancy is different. my 1st pregnancy I was really sick like this although i was able to eat just most of ti came back up, My other pregnancies i had nausea and vomiting , but no to this extreme. My first Dr appt is wednesday and I plan on talking to her then about the nausea. i am also hoping to have an ultrasound then as they have one in the office and i have had a MC before (with my  3rd pregancy) at 12 weeks, so I would like to make sure everything is ok. also my stomach is popping out very early and noticable already, I don't know if it because this is my 5th pregnancy or if it is, because I don't know. i do know though that is not just from gaining weight since i have lost 15 lbs (normal for me in the begining of pregnancy). I love bein pregnant, but i hope this part of it gets over soon!!! Good luck and healthy and happy pregnancies to all of us!
I know EXACTLY what you mean....I am on my 8th pregnancy (4 kids, 2 m/c, 1 stillborn) and no two were the same.  My last one, at the end I was SOOOOO uncomfortable....MAJOR hip pain kept me up at night, sinusese going crazy, throwing up, when my doc offered to induce on my due date I practically hugged him lol.  We will see how it goes this time.  I am 6 weeks today.  
Hey Guys i am 4 weeks 3 days and very excited !! only found out on friday (planned) i have m/c jan 2008 and i lost at around 5 weeks so i am so worried its unreal i know i cant stop things from happening but i just hope that this is me and my husbands time and that this time its meant to be !! x
Hi Kirsty,
Try not to stress too much I know easier said than done, but more than likely everything will be fine the odds are with you.  I am on my second pregnancy first one ending in loss too.  I lost the baby at 7 weeks before, but didn't find out until I was 11 weeks.  I am 11 weeks tomorrow in this pregnancy, and just had an ultrasound a few days ago with the baby swimming around.  Now that I am passes that point I am starting to relax a little.  :)
When is your doc appointment?  Your due date?
Hey ladies!  I'm 8 weeks pregnant ... this is my 3rd pregnancy (1 m/c, 1 beautiful baby boy!).  Been super duper nauseous this time around and I don't remember it being this bad before!  So hopefully that means our little bean is doing fine!  I have my first OB appt this Thursday for an u/s and doc visit.  Very excited, but nervous.  My due date is between 8/13 and 8/20, and I'm hoping that this time I don't have to "evict" the baby!  =D  

Anyway, off to fight with my computer some more and tell the hubby to let our son take his nap!  =D
Hi heather, well i only found out friday that i am preggo so i think i am 4 weeks and 3 days going off last period date, i called the docs on friday when i found out and they just asked me if i had done a home test i said yes and he said that he didnt need to see me and just booked an appointment for me to see midwife on the 21st jani should be nearly 7 weeks then, well my last perdiod date gives me a due date of the 16th Sept !! Ithink i will be the same as you i think when you have lost a baby early you worry that the same will happen again it all seems so fragile at the moment but i think when i see my baby on a scan i might feel better.  I was thinking about maybe calling the docs and just asking for maybe a blood test to see if my hcg is ok but i feel a little silly about it x
It's your doctors job to reassure you.  Just explain what happend before and say it would make you feel a whole lot better if they can do something to keep a closer eye on you.  I actually did that and they had me come in every two weeks for a quick scan in the doctors office (just with the little machine right in the exam room) and would show me the heartbeat.  Also, you can buy a home doppler to check the babies heartbeat yourself.  Although, you usually cannot pick up on it until you are between 8-10 weeks.  
Congrats to you and just keep thinking that you have more than an 80% chance that everything will be fine, after you see a heart beat at around 6 weeks 95% chance.  Hang in there just be as positive as you can.  :)
Thanks Heather, yea i am trying not to think about and just wanting to enjoy it !! me and my hibby are over the moon finding out and also i have been nlucky as we have only been trying for 2 months so i havent had to wait to long which is a blessing in its self as i know that there are ladies on here who are praying to get preggo so i am gratefull for that !! my hubyy says just to let things be and that everything will be fine but i just think i might feel better just knowing that my hcg levels are ok x I am so glad that everything went ok for you in the scan and just hope i make it to that point to !! x
It's never easy when you get pregnant after a miscarriage or stillbirth....no matter how many times you go through it.  I've been through it THREE times (2 m/c 1 full term stillborn)  it doesn't get any easier.  Just try to keep in mind that you have a higher chance of things being perfectly fine than you do of a repeat m/c.  Most docs don't consider you high risk after a m/c unless you have had 3 consecutive ones.  BUT a good doc will do what it takes to reassure you.  BUT keep in mind that a scan any earlier than 6 weeks won't really reveal much, possibly just a gestational sac and a yolk sac.  Just try to keep your mind busy with other important things like baby names and what color you want the nursery :D
Thanks!! i am trying to do that and i think each day that goes by i am hoping my worry will get better, i suppose i just thought getting a blood test to check my hcg level was good would make me feel a little better, i wouldnt ask for a scan as i had one last time at 5 weeks and you couldnt really see anything so i would like to wait so i could see heartbeat this time ! i might just ask doc to do hcg bloods ?? x

I am sorry sorry to hear about your losses and i hope you never have to go through that again x
HCG numbers can be very reassuring, unfortunately even at your first ob not all docs do them as routine blood work.  But as I said, if you have a good doc s/he will have no problems doing it to reassure you.
I am 5 weeks and 1 day I believe lol
I had my hcg levels done on wed, 6th They were 840
Doc said thats good!
I do not have many signs of being pregnant!
My boobs are a bit sore and I get a bit more tired later on in the day!
THATS IT.
Im just so worried.
I keep feeling weird things in my lower stomach Not strong cramps but mild sharp twinges?!?!?!
This is my 3rd pregnancy, I know all pregnancies r different but my first 2 were identical.
Oh.... I hate the not knowing!
Hi i am not to far begind you i am 4 weeks 4 days now i think lol, and i also have had twinges the last 3 days nothing to sore and after having m/c in jan 08 at the same stage the cramps dont feel like that, they are more premensral and come and go.  I have read alot on here about cramps in the early weeks and most are normal so i am trying to just think along those lines although i know it is scary when you feel them x
Well I have an appt with my old OB today.  We shall see what he has to say.  Ya'll please pray really hard that he is in agreement to do another VBAC for me!!!!  He did my last one when everyone around here said that he nor any of the other doctors in this area would do one, so hopefully with him having first hand experience on how well my body handles labor he will agree.   I doubt he will do an u/s today he usually schedules another appt for that but maybe I can atleast get a Beta HCG done.  
I'm 10 weeks 4 days today and the nausea has been a DOOZY!!  This is my first pregnancy and I didn't imagine I would be this nauseated.  I have yet to actually toss chunks (LOL, sorry) but I have dry heaved soooo many times and it's so spontaneous it's not even funny.  Now I have this taste in my mouth that makes me gag!  I haven't had any cramps or anything that I have noticed.  I did lose a twin at 7 weeks and I am still having brown bleeding throughout the day and the doc didn't seemed concerned.  My EDD is 8/6/2010 which has not changed since day one so that's good!  I didn't realize how susceptible I was to conceiving twins until I miscarried and found out that my grandmother's side of her family had 2 sets!!  I already knew my dad has 2 sets of sibling twins and that I'm a fraternal twin and that my husband's sis had fraternal twins.  Looks like everytime we reproduce it's gonna be multiples!! scary!!!  Anyhoo, I just can't wait until I can eat normally and enjoy completely the little bean I have growing inside of me.  All I can say is this baby's gonna have a head full of hair with all these digestive issues I'm having!!!
Thanks for starting this thread - it's gonna be so cool to follow everyone - LOL

I am 7 weeks 3 days today - I had my 1st u/s on 12/29 and they saw 2 sacs - one was a little behind the other - then my second one on 1/5 and they were both measuring right where they should be - we saw and heard the heartbeat for one of them - *(dr said it is not unusual to not see any at all since we were only 6 weeks 4 days so we were happy to see one)* LOL  We go again tomorrow for our third Hopefully we see and hear both heartbeats - My due date is 8/27/2010.
I'm nearing the end of my 9th week and am constantly nauseated and fatigued.  For those of you who already have one or more kids - how the heck do you do it?!  I can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning - I can't even imagine having to get someone else dressed and fed and out the door.

For those of you who work outside the home also - have you told your boss yet?  What about co-workers?
I'm 6wks 5 days today! I have my ultrasound tomorrow. I'm very nervouse and excited. I had an ultrasound at 6wks last time which showed a heartbeat and then at 12 weeks showed 6wks 4days growth and no heartbeat. For this reason I will be requesting an additional ultrasound around 9 weeks. I need to know that everything is going ok this time. I really have no symptoms. I use to have horrible breast pain and now it's almost gone. I have developed gaging while trying to take my prenatals. I have had boughts of neasuea but nothing to bad.

I did end up telling my boss at the bar because last Sunday they were redoing the bar in the restaurant and I can't be around fumes from stain.  He ended up rescheduling them to come in after my shift so I didn't have to take the day off.

hey gang - I went for my 3rd ultrasound today - and to my shock - we saw and heard both heartbeats!  I can't believe I am gonna be the mommy of twins!
Brittny27- I should have my first ultrasound tomorrow too (I'm 9 weeks, yesterday!) Hope it goes well for both of us! I have also lost a baby at 12 weeks although i have had a successful pregnancy after that before this one. good luck!

Kramik107- thats wonderful i am , so glad you got to see both heartbeats tat awesome and reassuring! Congrats on the twins!!

i am still completely miserable with nausea, vomiting, and I'm tired a lot! which is a pain considering i have 1 child in AM kindergarten and 1 child in AM preschool and a 2 year old at home with me the whole time, just getting them back and forth to school all week is a challenge not to mention anything else that i need to get done! yesterday i threw up at my sons school when I picked him up (luckily I made to the bathroom, but all 3 of my children were circled around me saying "are you ok mommy?" it was , so fun). atleast i see my docto tomorrow and they said they will probably be able to do and ultrasound as they have all the equipment there! I will keep you all posted!  
hey ladies! i am 9 weeks 2 days today :) going for my first ultrasound on tuesday. Kinda excited, this is my first pregnancy. Struggling to keep working my normal hours, being on my feet constantly is really taking its toll on my back, hips, legs and feet. Trying to hold off telling my boss til 12 weeks but might need to tell him sooner!  Still tryin to come up with some ideas and the courage to tell my mum shes gonna be a grandma! It would seem finding a good midwife is harder than i thought, since i had to go through the public hospital clinic here ( i cant afford to pay for private health care) sorry for the rant lol. if anyone has any suggestions as to how i can tell my mum, or anything to soothe my aches and pains feel free to share! :)
Emily- I wrapped up a picture from the first ultrasound and gave it to my parents for christmas.  It was good for me because I didn't have the 'tell' them.
I have my ultrasound today I'm 6wks 6days. I really hope that I get to see and hear the heartbeat. I got blood drawn yesterday so I will also get the results of that today.  I'm at work till 7am I got two more hours and I'm about to fall asleep. These graveyard shifts are killing me. My appt is at noon which means I'm not getting much sleep! I'm glad I have nothing else planned for the day and I can just go home after and crash. I don't have to be back at work till 11pm.

My BF broke his ankle last Monday the 4th in his martial arts class. He finally let me take him to the ER yesterday. He thought it was just a sprain nope it was a big break and separation at the ankle he needs surgery. He's out of work for almost 3 months. After surgery he can't put any weight on his leg for 6-8 weeks and then only minimal pressure. He doesn't have insurance and he's now not working. I don't know how were going to afford his surgery.

I'll let you ladies know how my appt goes this afternoon. Have a great day ladies.
hey ladies, I got the results of my HCG and progesterone that was drawn Monday!  My HCG is 8,526 and my progesterone is 12.7, doc said both look good.  According to the "average" charts for HCG mine is on the lower end for being 6 wks 1 day (what I was monday when it was drawn) BUT, like I told my doc, the last several months before I got pregnant I had been ovulating around day 19 of my cycle no t day 14 so that would put me behind by 5 days, if that's the case my HCG looks REALLY good.  I stopped charting before I ovulated the month I got pregnant so I don't know exactly when I did.  We won't be repeating the tests since the numbers look so good.  Now I just have to wait almost FOUR more weeks before my next appt and my first u/s :( I will be 10 weeks by my lmp by then.  But doc and I both figure I will measure closer to like 9 wks 2 days or so because I usually ovulate later. February 9th seems like an ETERNITY away!
I got my level checked again yesterday!
Just got results in.... 10232 is what it is today
So were on the up and up.
Looking forward to seeing my OB on the 27th
My HCG was 8200 and Progesterone was 19. I saw the heartbeat and it was 136! I didn't get to hear it. I was 6wks 6days at ultrasound yesterday and they didn't do a transvag

At first he freaked me out because he used the normal ultrasound wand on my abdomen and he couldn't find anything I told him that last pregnancy I was diagnosed with a retroverted uterus. So he switched to a different wand and a lot more pressure and he was able to find the sac and a flicker of a heartbeat.
YAY Brittny! Congrats!  I can't wait until my first u/s, but i have to wait til feb 9th :(
Hi Ladies :)

I'm new to the forum AND 9 weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy ever. I'm almost 26 y.o. Very exciting times for both me and my husband. I have to do a lot of reading because I still know very little about this whole thing, especially when you guys write abbreviations lol. It's like someone is speaking a foreign language! But, I'll get the hang of it.
Well ladies, wish me luck. And I wish you all good luck and a healthy pregnancy :) Enjoy the journey.
Hey ladies..
I have a crazy situation. 1 child 2 miscarriages and supposively pregnant now. I have done 5 hcg test from the past 6 weeks.
hcg 1=31 12/24
hcg  2=37 12/26
hcg 3=4? 12/28
hcg 4=86 01/05
hcg 5=207 01/13
LMP=11/21/09
does any one know if this is normal or what. ?????
My doctor said he doesnt know what is going on right now. But he also never did an ultrasound.
please help ***@****
I'm hoping I'm preggo lol I think I ovulated on the 8th because my opk was positive for the 3rd day and i had really bad lower stomach cramps and so we had sex that night. my period hopefully wnt b her next week n then I can test
Im 10 weeks 2 days. I noticed that when I feel my cervix it feels quit open like when I was ovulating. Ive had no bleeding though so Im not too worried. Just wondering what its supposed to feel like and when it will change and all that. Ive been really stressed for the pas month with being sick and hubby being gone so Im hoping the baby is ok. I go for my first appointment on monday... dont know what will happen then but we'll see!
I'm with you =). I just found out yesterday that I am 4wks prego and am super excited. This is our first and we are 27 and 29 respectively. Good luck with your journey and may you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!!
I am 10 weeks with my second conceived naturally. This is a blessing to me as it took years to conceive my son done eventually with IVF. I have had terrible morning sickness which last all day. I am hoping it stops soon.
If you are pregnant it is not adviseable that you mess with your cervix.  You risk infection and causes changes that are conducive to preterm labor.  I would leave the cervical checks to your doctor.  
Ah! It's good to know I'm not the only amateur here hahahaha. I hope you'll have a great journey. This is very exciting, you are right. Let us hope our babies will be healthy and strong :)
I had my ultrasound on friday I ended up being about 9 days less than estimated by my last period, but i have been irregular and thought i had ovulated a lottle bit late! I got to see the baby though and it's little arms a legs although they did'nt look like much since I am now 8 1/2 weeks instead of almost 10 weeks, i also got to see the heartbeat 168 beats per minute! i lov the first time you get to see or hear your baby's heartbeating it makes it more of a reality. My doctor also put me on meds for the nausea and vomiting and they are working which is great, but they make me really tired and i can't sleep all day since i already have 3 small children at home! Good luck to everyone else trying to get through the 1st trimester!!!
I was just wondering if any one in the early weeks suffered from cramps, iam nearly 6 weeks and over the last week i have had some minor cramping but yesterday they seemed to be more in one spot, i have read about ligiment streching and this could cause this i have had no blood or strong pain is this normal ?  I had m/c in jan 08 and the pains do not feel anything like that.
Cramping is very normal. It's your uterus stretching and growing.
Hey ladies!
had my first ultrasound yesterday, I'm 10 weeks and 2 days!! this is my first and seeing that lil person inside me was the most amazing thing! My bf even started crying!! now we just gotta find a good doctor/midwife, is it weird that i haven't got a doctor yet?
Hey! I am currently in my first trimester 8w6d today! This is my first pregnancy and it has been stressful but well worth it. I saw my baby's heartbeat at 7w5d and it was 152bpm... That made my day! I've also been diagnosed with a subchronionic (sp) bleed and they found a cyst on  my ovary all things the doc explained.. Has anyone had this happen and go on to have a normal pregnancy after seeing the heartbeat
I'm not sure about the subchronionic bleed, but i have several cyst on my ovaries and have had 3 healthy pregnancies, the only thing they causes was stabbing pains every now and then in my ovary area! Good luck and seeing the heartbeat is usually a good sign!
Hi all!  I am in my first trimester. This is my second pregnancy, my first ended in a miscarriage in September of 2009.  As you can imagine this has been stressful, but I am 10 weeks today, and I have seen the baby, its heartbeat and heard the heartbeat, so my husband and I are very excited.  As of now the baby's due date is my husband's birthday!!
I am 11w6d, I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. My EDD is 8/6/10. This is my third pregnancy (child in 2005, ectopic in 2007). Got to see my lil one swimming around like crazy yesterday. I was so excited.
iam 6 weeks and 2 days preggo now, i have my first scan date for the 12th feb i will only be 9 weeks but i am so excited to get my first sacn i cant wait to see my little one in there !! i has a m/c in jan 08 so they are sending me for a scan early, but i dont mind as least i dont have to wait and worry until 12 weeks less than 3 weeks to go !! i dont know about anyone else at the same stage but i am really srating to feel preggo now my syptoms have really started coming i feel sick everyday not actually being sich but feel sick until arounf 12ish eating helps, also have the most painfull headaches ever !! how is everyone else feeling ??
Hello everyone im new to this so bare with me! I am currently 8 weeks and 6 days. I had my first u/s which was transvaginal on Jan 8th I was 6 weeks and 5 days then. We were able to hear the heart beat which was amazing!!  I have felt pretty good thus far other than being tired and wanting to sleep all the time. I have lucked out on the whole morning sickness I get nauseated everyonce in a while but never sick! I go back to Dr on Jan. 29th which is friday. I have to get all of my blood work done this time cause we didnt do it last time. Is anyone else nervouse when they go to the dr worried that something has happend? This is my first pregnancy and I guess I just dont know what to expect!!   Thanks  
Well ladies, today makes 8 weeks based on my lmp.  But, as I have said before I will not be surprised if I am several days behind that given that my cycles are usually over 30 days and I ovulate later.  I wont' know for certain until my u/s on Feb 9th.  The last week or so the "symptoms" have hit me like a ton of bricks.  I have felt HORRIBLE. Out of all my pregnancies I have never felt this bad in the beggining, I really feel this is gonna be a rough pregnancy.  (For those who don't know, this is my 8th pregnancy: 4 kids, 2 m/c's, 1 fullterm stillbirth) I've been getting headaches tho I don't know if it's a side affect of the pregnancy or the fact that I have really cut back on caffeine.  My lower back just about my butt bone and my upper back just below my neck bone have really been hurting lately.  That could be my lousy mattress I guess but i didn't feel like this before.  I haven't slept worth a flip lately.  I toss and turn and can't get comfortable.  I have a hard time falling asleep becuase I keep getting that restless leg crap.  I'm so exhausted all I want to do is sleep but I can't.  And the nausea...OMG the nausea.  I'm not throwing up Thank God, but my stomach has been really upset.  NOTHING sounds good and when I do make myself eat my taste is so off that even things i normally love taste like garbage.  My sense of smell has gotten so sensitive ...EVERYTHING food wise makes my stomach churn.  My sinuses are driving me crazy, but I expected that, I have sinus problems anyway but they get ten times worse when I"m pregnant.  

Ok, Just had to gripe a bit.  I'm done now :)
10wks 3ds and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel of nausea.  (yay!!!!)

My work is offering the seasonal flu and h1n1 flu vaccines.  Has anyone spoken with their drs about the vaccines?  Any recommendations?
My doctor recommended both of them for me, i have now recieved the H1N1 since becoming pregnant, but they were out of the seasonal flu shot. i am not as worried about the seasonal flu though. I reseached  the H1N1 and feel comfortable with my choice to get vaccinated and, so far I have had no adverse reactions except a sore arm! research it and see what you think there has been a lot of differing opinions on it. i decided to get it, because I have several small children at (which have also been vaccinated) that bring all kinds of germs home from school, pre-school and playgroup. and i know that if you get it while you are pregnant it can be very bad. Good luck with whatever you decide! and congratulations!! I'm 9 1/2 weeks, so we are not that far apart!
Thanks!  I think I've decided to wash my hands all the time and get the shots next month.  I'm still too nervous to do anything too invasive in the first trimester...
hello there...Im soooooo happy but worry at the same time....how maybe you know if you saw my track, i have a 6 year old child and I star to try to have another child 4 year ago.....I bin true more then 5 miscarry....and this time I hape new hope for is the first time Im pregnant and taking progesterone for keep my level up and help me....but still I want to believe everything is ok and so far it is.....everytime I get a cramp or pain I jump and worry and think...it is happening again or it is nothing and everything is ok....I know I should not worry now but I can't help my self and stop my head to think about what i bin true before and dont be scare about what Im feeling....can be normal thing I know but my memory about cramp and needle pain is related with my memory of miscarrying....I hope this time everything be ok....I really hope God give me that bless one more time....to bring one more baby to my life....will make us 3 really happy....and I hope God bless you all and let you get true your pregnancy in a healthy and happy experience.

sorry if I have mistake....mine english is not good at all =)
In October of 2008 my husband and I experienced our first miscarriage at 9 weeks. Baby was not viable. I just found out today that Im pregnant again. A week ago I experienced some spotting off and on and im guessing its implination b/c it was around 7dpo and I had the same with the last pregnancy. Well I thought it was my period b/c Ive been having irregular cycles for the past few months now....so I have been using a regular size tampon off and on for a week thinking i'd start at any moment. Im now concerned that me wearing a tampon for the past week will increase my risk for a miscarriage or growth problems of my growing baby!?!? I am currently not spotting only cramping off and on and not using tampons. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you :0)
hello there...I gona say now something to will sound stupid for everybody say to me and I can not do it...( do not worry)
I know how you feel, believe me....but be positive to everything will be just fine....about the tampons: dont worry about can harm or damage your baby....your baby is tooo far away from where it is the tampons....your baby and that will no have contac at all for be able to harm the baby in anyway....but in case I will pray for you and your baby too went I make my pray, for God bless and take care of you and your baby....=)
Thank you!!! Well i got three positives now feeling confident there is a baby growing! so surprised and excited. Great appreciated!!! what a blessing...praying this baby will grow healthy :0) God bless. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.Our due dates are very close...Hope all is going well!!!
I had a miscarriage in october of 2008 @ 9 weeks. I just found out yesterday my husband and I are pregnant again! I thought I was broken and could never get pregnant again..lol. I am now only 4 weeks 4 days..im guessin....I am very excited I have just taken my third test and its positive! I just wanted to let you know its relieving to hear these stories. I have been cramping like period cramps but not too sharp and get worried that i will have another miscarriage, but trying to to drive mysefl crazy. I will be praying for you and your baby!!!
Hi ladies! So most of you know me and my situation, but if not here it is: I have had 2 children (boys) and 2 m/c's. We were doing fertility meds and I went off of them to lose the weight and we got pregnant in late december :) I had my hcg checked on Thursday (the day of my positive test) and it is only at 36 but now my morning sickness has kicked in full swing and dh and I are hoping that it is a good sign :)
This is my 2nd pregnancy and this preganancy is so diffrent from my first. I am 5 weeks and 5days and im not feeling no pregnancy symptoms, because of this and after reading all the post on miscarriages im scared that a mc might happen to me. I have my 8week check up and ulrasound on feb 15, im excited and scared and i so cant wait; however i wanted sum advice on my scare of miscarrying?
I am in that boat right now too, so I really understand. I am totally afraid that it is going to happen to us too. My hubby and I were trying for like 25 months and were taking a break from the meds since November and December we got pregnant :)
okay, so i'm nearly 12 weeks. but i'm having trouble connecting and coming to terms with the fact that i'm gonna be a mum (unplanned pregnancy) which is making it hard for me to tell people, especially my mum. I wanted to tell her ages ago, but just dont know how to do it cause i know she's not gonna be happy about it. has anyone experienced anything similar?
YAY! Congrats.  It's funny how it seems like once you really stop trying so hard it just happens. LOL  

When I got pregnant with my first I was 18 and it was unplanned.  I KNEW my mom was gonna be mad/upset.  I waited and waited to tell her.  I finally just said "I need to tell you something" and she looked at me and said "You're pregnant, I know".  She said she had a feeling.  My best advice is to just come right out and tell her.  You ARE an adult and even though this is unplanned it doesn't make this baby any less loved.  She will probably be a little disappointed at first, but she will come around.  You will feel SOO Much better, so much more relieved once you've gotten it out.  Besides the longer you wait to tell her, the more hurt she is going to feel.  
I went through the same thing with my parents when I was your age. Although, I must say that telling my strict catholic grandparents that their unwed granddaughter was much harder to do. You're an adult now hon, and no matter what any one else thinks, things will turn out how they ought to! My family (as soon as they saw my first born daughter) fell in love with my baby girl and have grown to accept (for the most part) that I'm an adult and cabable of taking care of me and my children! good luck to you!
thanks for your words of wisdom ladies. I really appreciate u taking the time to reply :)
I dont know what to think right now????I have been cramping on and off but some are just a crampy sensation and i have a couple a day that are a little painful but nothing i need advil for. Lastnight after sorry tmi, but going # 2 hehe....I wiped and noticed like brownish marroon from what i can remember on the toilet paper. It wasnt bright red or clots nothing. After that i fell asleep and nothing more. Today being the day after all i did was spotting a tiny tiny bit on my panty liner. it was a tan color. Im not sure if this is an impending miscarriage or just something like implination??? Kinda concerned but still wanna wait to go to the doctors until i start bleeding red or my 8th week. I figure id be bale to see something then. Last time i was pregnant i had four u/s before 8 weeks b/c it was too early to tell. so i dont wanna go through that emotional rollercoaster all over again. Any adives would be greatly appreciated!!!
I am 10w3d today!!! I do have a question. I saw my jellybean's heartbeat at 8w and am not due to go back in till feb 12th. How do you stop worrying about every little twinge? I've been reading about missed m/c and m/c in general which is freaking me out! My sickness has been coming and going and my breasts aren't as sore, more sore to touch. How do you ladies stay worry free as you make it towards the end of the first trimester?
We, as preggo mamas, are just more apt to worry about every little thing that happens to our bodies. I have been having the same cramping sensations that you are describing but from everything that I have read says that it is completely normal. I go tomorrow morning for my second beta check and the fatigue is kicking my poor but today but dh keeps telling me how beautiful I look and I think that I am getting a little more comfortable with the idea of being pregnant and us going the whole nine yards with our relationship after the rough patch we had in December :)
you don't.....for more we know and people say to us to relax, we never are worry free....we don't do it or better to say...we can't help our self and stop worrying and even hard if you bin true miscarry before....and the reality....never will get better....even after the baby born....you always gona worry about the health, life and everything to have to be with that baby or person to is part of you.....and not matter how old, how it look or if is ok or not you always gona love it....rigth now im 5 week and I can say to you to i love that baby all ready us much i love my 6 year girl.....the only thing what we can do is pray and hope God hear our prayer and take care always and look after that baby or person what we love so much all ready.....I send you God bless and my love....take care and good luck.
That is exactly what I was getting at too :) My numbers went from 36 to 197 in 3 days :)
Thanks for that tiraloca and nickieb, your words comforted me plus made me tear up a bit lol. This is my first pregnancy and after seeing my baby's heartbeat all i've been thinking about is how much i love my child and wanna protect him/her from everything lol. I dont even put myself in situations that i feel will harm my child. My mom joked around and told me that i'm already getting into mommy mode since i'm worrying about everything! I wish a healthy and happy 9 months to everyone and nickieb yay on the hcg levels rising!!
I posted this on another thread and I'm looking for all input possible.  I am 8w6d today with my first pregnancy and for the past three days I have had no nausea.  It started at around 6 weeks and it was off and on throughout the day up until a few days ago?  I've read so much about mc and mmc, which really worries me.  Has anyone had nausea disappear around 8 weeks and either come back or not and still have a healthy baby?  This sounds crazy, but I just want to feel sick again so I know everything is still progressing normally.  My next ob appt. for an u/s isn't until Feb. 22!  I'm going to drive myself mad during the next three weeks if it doesn't come back.  My nips are still sore like they were and I still feel bloated sometimes.  Fatigue is still around and I'm getting slight headaches, but with the disappearance of m/s I'm freaking!  Please help and pray for my baby bean.
sarahjackson0520 - Try not to worry too much, nausea can also be a sign of a miscarriage, just because it disappeared doesn't mean your not pregnant anymore!  I had a missed miscarriage, and the only pregnancy symptom that went away was my "crazyness" according to my hubby.  I was 11 weeks and the nausea actually got worse around the time the baby stopped developing (6 1/2 weeks).  If your really worried you can always call your dr's office and ask if it's normal, sometimes the nurse will say you should see the dr or tell you it's not an issue.
Well ladies i'm 9wks 4 days today....according to lmp. I have my first ultrasound next wednesday (2/9).  I have a feeling my dates will be adjusted back by atleast a couple of days becuase my cycles are longer. For some reason here lately I have been MEGA ehxausted even though I'm sleeping at night.  Today I did pretty much nothing but sleep .  This nausea is driving me NUTS.  Makes me wonder if I'm having another boy?! :) I got nausea with BOTH of my boys for the entire first trimester plus a week or two.  With my girls I only had sporadic days of it, like if I ate a certain thing.  This time it's constant...morning, noon and night. I'm anxious to find out what the sex is so I can compare symptoms between all of my kids.  On the other hand things are different this time from any of my other pregs.  The nausea/food aversion seems worse than any time before, I've had a lot more back ache, I've had way more abdominal discomfort.  I usually get restless leg syndrome later on in the pregnancy but i got it almost immediately this time.  My asthma is acting up sooner than usual.  We shall see what my ultrasound reveals next week. I hope this next week goes by fast.
ohhhhhhhh God....Im a pandora box of feeling rigth now....in two hour I have to go to my doctor to see the result of my hcg level test....I hope everything is ok....the last few day i was really sick....dont know if was a virus or my pregnancy....and now, the last 24 hour i feel nothing....like went you are not pregnant....no cramp, no pain, no sick, my breast no painfull....i dont know what to think....I only hope everuthing is ok....in few more hour i will now and i will come back to let you know what goin on.....with me luck....see you then.
i get my hcg level result to day and is 36000....it that good or not....what tha mean....the doct dont give me clear expl....she is indian and my english is not good eather....that mean i did not get anything what she say really and she was not in a good mooth eather....somebody can tell me if that is normal for 5 week 3 days....=(
what does it mean when the sperm falls out after having sexual intercourse???
It means that your cervix is closed off already and the sperm has nowhere else to go... Most pregnant women have this happen during the first trimester :)
Sorry ladies another question. Has anyone not really had morning sickness then around 10-11wks it starts hitting you? My morning sickness wasn't that bad but now it is hitting me bad and alllll day! I have my 12w u/s a week from today and i can't help but worry something is wrong.
It happens at different times for all of us and some of our bodies are more apt to happen later than some others... I know that I was sick all of the time for 38 weeks when I was pregnant with my youngest son and I was also sick from 8 weeks out til 36 1/2 weeks with my first son... I really think it just all depends on how your body functions. I am not nearly as sick this time and I am starting to think that this baby is a girl :) Maybe that is just wishful thinking :)
Well I am hoping that I am pregnant, no period in January and last period was in December.  I havent had any symptoms, no sickness, no cramps, no breast pain, nothing but a  missed period.  I have tons of gas but sometimes I think its just normal.....  Its about to be February and time for another period...so its going to make me miss 2 periods....I took 3 test.......one every week.    The last test I took was about 2wks ago and it was negative as well.......so ima do blood work next week to see if my hcg is just low.........shouldnt I be able to tell already and shouldnt I have some kind of symptom....bigger boobs, bigger nipples, nausea, cravings, anything..........................   I pray that I am pregnant so let me know what yall think!
So it doesn't always work like that. I don't ever know until I am at least 6 weeks out because my periods have always been out of whack and my tests don't show until at least 6-7 weeks out... It is totally possible... some women don't even get positive results until they are 4-5 months out. I hope that you are :)
That makes me smile know that there is a chance!
I had somewhat brownish discharge in morning.. I was scared to think it to be some blook type spot..a very small dot like brownish or u can say light blackish thread or dot. Couldnt figure out it to be dust or blood.. I am at 6th week. Nothing happen afterwards..normal color less discharge and white discharge after few hours...will there will be anything serious going on with me? What is the best time to have ultrasound in the first trimester so I can see something..no pain thank God. Also is it safe to have sex after pregnancy..we had, but the discharge I felt was too much than normal days.. is it also normal..Its my first pregnancy please help!
True story: my bff did not know she was pregnant till 3 months! Lol. She had no symptoms whatsoever and her periods were always irregular
babyybii2010 asks:  im 18 and a bit confused and curious. Im open for everyones advice juss but- to bayybii2010: so i no its to me. Okay on janurary 19-24 i had my period, im pretty positive i ovulated on the 1st when i also had unprotectd sex and he came in me. Its been 6 days since ovulation and intercourse and yesterday i startd feeling lower abdomanal cramps right above the pubic line. They dnt hurt juss feel like light pinchs/twinges or like sumthing is stretchn in there. Its not all the time but off and on. Im also feeling more, how do i say this "wanting to have sex ALOT MORE THEN USUAL!" Could this be pregnancy?
It's always possible that you're pregnant if you have unprotected sex when you ovulate.  The chances are slim if you only have sex once, but that's all it takes when you're healthy and young.  
The symptoms you're having could be pregnancy, even the increased sex drive, but they can also be "phantom" symptoms from worrying about it a lot.  
I would get an Early Pregnancy Test like "First Response" in a two or three pack and test first thing tomorrow morning when you wake up, because that's when your pregnancy hormone level is strongest.  If it's negative but you still think you might be pregnant and too early to tell, test again in a week first thing in the morning and so on until you get your next period.
Or see a doctor.
Hey everyone!  I figured since I have started jumping into the forums, I should post here.  I just found out I'm pregnant a week ago.  This is my 4th pregnancy.  I have 2 kiddos naturally, 12yr old boy and 9 yr old girl and 7 yr old step daughter.  My last pregnancy ended in miscarriage in June of 08.  
This pregnancy is a big surprise as I have 2 herniated discs in my neck (diagnosed, so far) and degenerative disc disease in my spine.  I was on about 6 different meds when I found out and have managed to get down to 2 with some advice from my pain management doc and the internet pregnancy class ratings.  (Most doctors are, sadly, no help and will take no responsibility for prescribed meds.)  The meds I cut were Klonopin, Trileptil, Topomax, and Soma.  The ones I am on are Flexeril (I still had and swapped out for the Soma), Methadone, and Hydrocodone/Aced (Norco).
I still haven't been in to see the OB yet, but have an appt on Feb 10th.  (They don't seem to think the meds are a big deal, and are just referring me to a high risk doctor which is why I'm in even more of a hurry to get to this doc and then to the next one.)  This site has been really helpful for my worry about all of this, and probably the only reason I haven't lost my mind over anxiety about the meds.  I was able to taper myself off of the ones I was taking that cause the most damage, but I still worry about what they may have done previous to my finding out I'm pregnant.
My last period was around Dec. 5th, but I had a negative EPT in January.  I was thinking we were done having babies and my new DH had just talked about permanent BC when we found out so I am shifting my focus and accepting God's blessing for what it is.  I've had a lot of new pains with this one that I didn't have with the other two but I think it's because I'm 10 years older than last time, and trying not to fear the worst.
I've enjoyed watching the stories unfold here in the forums and am eager to see how it goes for you all.  
Hi ladies... So I have been so worried about another m/c so I went to the dollar store and bought 4 tests... I took one last night and it was dark but I took one this morning with FMU and it was twice as dark as the control line so I am assuming my numbers went up significantly... Anyone else here with the possibility of having twins or more?
hey everybody..

i have a question because i think i might be pregnant, and if i am this would be my first time. im a little worried, and not knowing what is normal or what not. i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend january 9th, but i started my period january 8th. and well 2 weeks after that, my boobs have been very tender, i've felt very nauseous, i've had some kind of brown discharge but it has no smell or nothing so i know it's not a disease or nothing, i've been feeling very tired lately, i've been craving pickles like there's no tomorrow, i've been getting mood swings, and my lower back is starting to hurt. i really dont know what to think. and well my bf has a very high sperm count, i dont know if that can increase my chances of being pregnant. i am very regular when it comes to my period, and well i am due today and i have no spotting of any kind, nor do i have any cramping when i mostly do. also we had sex just this past weekend, and when we were done the *** leaked out, and well i heard that's because your cervix is closed, because you are pregnant. is this true? should i be taking a test? and has anyone else ever gotten symptoms that fast before? and also i haven't been thinking about it til now. thanks for your help.
I would definitely say test!!! it sounds like you could definitely be pregnant but test or make an appointment with your doctor to do a blood test to be sure! Good luck!
thank you soo much :) !
My grandmother had twins and my cousin had twins, so it's possible that I could be carrying twins. (It might explain why I feel twice as pregnant as I ever did this early)  They say it skips a generation in our family.  I have two kids who aren't twins, though.  So far this pregnancy has been full of suprises so it would be ironic if there are twins in there.  
I hope if you are wanting multiples you have them!  I think it would be exciting, but from watching my cousin (whom I was raised with) run after her boys, I know it's exhausting.  
Congrats on the darker line and the Anniversary! :)
Hello ladies. I'm almost 6 weeks and just wondered if it's normal to feel NO cramps. I had minor cramping with my first child. Then tons of cramping throughout the whole pregnancy with the blighted ovum. Now this time I literally feel nothing. I guess I'm so used to hearing about cramps. When did they start for everyone else, or did anyone else not have ANYTHING?
hey there, im not sure if im pregnant yet, im getting a test tomorrow and taking it wednesday but i was just wondering if it's normal to have a week of on and off brown discharge an ac early pregnancy?
Hi All - I'm graduating today to Second Trimester!  Good luck all and stay strong - freedom from morning sickness is hopefully just a few days/weeks away!
I had no cramping with my first child.  I had some cramping with my second right around 3-4 weeks (I thought it was PMS).  Now on my 4th pregnancy (after one m/c) I have had quite a bit of cramping.  

I think every pregnancy is just different.  I think it's normal not to have cramps, personally.
to day is my first day from my week number 7....i have like 3 days now to i start to have a discharge like lite creamy but really watery....can be that normal or i should go to the doct....on wednesday i will have my first ultrasound and the next day i will meet my doct....should i call now and try to see her or wait still the 18....I dont now what to decide to do....I dont have pain....only that incriase of watery discharge....please...I will really apreciate it if somebody bin true that or something similar....if that is normal or if i should be worry....thanks.
I dont know what to decide to do....I dont have pain....only that incriase of watery discharge....please...I will really apreciate it if somebody bin true that or something similar to share with me....if that is normal or if i should be worry....thanks.
unless its really extreme, I would'nt worry about it too much increased discharged is normal in pregnancy and if your not having any other problems then it should be fine. is there some reason you are worried? if you are stll not sure call your Dr office tell them the situation and ask them if they feel you should go in. but increased discharge is perfectly normal.
thank you....i think you are rigth....after 7 misscarry im so use to to always something is wrong to i cant relax with that one....look like a dream...everything so normal to scary me....in few more hour I will have my first ultrasound.....I will feel better after I hear the tiny heart from my baby....I will post after i come to let you know how was everything....see you then....wish me luck.
hello there.....im really happy to day.....so far everything is good....i have to day the first photo from my baby....the heart bit is 161....in 4 more week i will have my second ultrasound....ok....let see if i can relax a bit now....i hope i can....have good day everybody and i hope everything go well for everybody here too.
I am 5 weeks and 3 days today :) Very excited- When I went to the doctor last week it was still very early so we weren't even able to get to hear the babys heartbeat. I go for my ultrasound in 2 weeks which I am very excited about! :)
hello guyz
wel i just wana ask u that m 9th weaks pregnent but altrasound showed 5th weak n i have also spoting so ma dr take re altrasound after 1 weak is that ok? or is there complications?? plz respond me m so wory abt it also ma dr advice me complet bed rest so m doing but m worry abt abov problem plz reply ma post
regards
urooj
at what stage..you ppl  suggest ultrasound to see moving baby...i m 9th week pregnant and dats ma first pregnany..plz reply
Hi. Can anyone tell me what you felt during the first few weeks of pregnancy?

I just found out I am pregnant with blood test on 2/13 with IVF.

I have been experiencing menstrual like cramping frequently and also my stomach is bloated.

The cramping have been going on for 2 weeks already and hasn't decreased yet.

on 2/5/10 i tested positive on 2 tests,on 2/6/10 i tested positive on clearblue easy digital,answer and first response i went in for my first bloodwork on 2/10/10 and my hcg was 405 on 2/16/10 i went in for my first ultrasound where the dr believed i was 5 weeks 5 days I THINK im a week earlier either way when the ultrasound was performed only a gestastional sac was there measuring 5.77mm but nothing inside it today 2/18/10 my hcg was 6069 and the same thing just the gestastional sac personally i dont know why i was given another u/s so soon to me it seems my hcg seems correct considering i know when my husband and i had sex...i was always a 28 day cycle until this past december i was 4 days late but then had a full period and in jan of this year i was 7 days late and started on 1/7/10 im wondering if my previous two cycles can help with the fact i may of ovulated later in the month and my dating is more accurate then what the dr is guestimating? Today i was given info about a threatened miscarriage and what to look for considering there is nothing inside the gestastional sac..it feels like they are giving up on me already..when to me it looks like i am doing ok just maybe earlier then they think..my breasts are already swelling,sore,uncomfortable and feel like they have become like cement blocks lol,i have nausea off and on throughout the day and middle of the night havent actually gotten sick ...yet..nasal congestion all throughout this week,sneezing..not like a cold just in my nose..no pain just congested or runny nose..no cramping..no spotting..no blood i am just asking for confirmation that i am not just crazy but that yes it is possible since i went from a normal 28 day cycle to an abnormal unreliable cycle that it is possible that i did or could have ovulated later then the dr is guessing. This is my husband and my first child and pregnancy I am 2 weeks short of turning 29 and i dont go back to the dr for an exam until 3/2/10 but i believe i am having my hcg levels drawn again on monday since the lab isnt open on saturdays..sorry i wrote so much but thank you in advance for any advice
Julie
congratulation....God bless you and your baby....wish you the best =)
baby....I dont know what to say....be honest or lie to you....I will like to say dont worry everything will be ok but i can't....I hope God be with you and give you the suport you will need to go true whatever come....I hope Im wrong....good luck and God be with you....I will pray for you and your baby.
hello mona....congratulation....ready from 7 week for sure you can hear the heart but to see moving I dont know....my baby was really laesy and i saw her and feel her moving after 16 week...I hope that help....good luck and take care.
congratulation....I think what you are feeling is a kind of normal betwen you don't spot or get really painful....about what to exp, is to dificult to tell you for everybody is different and every pregnancy too...in my case with my first child i feel like i was not pregnant...the only thing happend with her was at 8 week i start to spot and the doctor put me in bed for two week and that it....with my 7 miscarry always was wrong from the start, pain, blood and thing like that...now im 8 week pregnant and i bin true a whole new experience....cramp and needle pain and really tired around my 5 and 6 week, on my 7 week i have discharged watery and nauseas, and one day before i start my 8 week still to day im having heartburn, nauseas, vomit, indisgestion....that mean....how knows what will be next....I hope that help....I wish you good luck and I wish you a pregnancy like my first baby but without the spoting =)
Thanks! Same to you- You're due in October too??
Hey..m crying from last 2 days as went for my first checkup and according to doct m at 11th week, according to my last menses..i was calculating that as 7th week due to my meeting date i had in my mind. Doc said that it is expected case of missed abortion and there is no flickering or movement, there is no growth. According to her there r very rare chances to get this baby up. she said i should have started spotting.. she didnt check heart beat.. but did ultrasound. She asked me to come again after 2 weeks but dat is killing me at every second. I was so disheart u can't even imagine..had so much stress due to that... Please please suggest if u have anything for me. I m planning to visit some other doctor as well, but m so much scared. Can't face reality like this..its so harsh. :'(
I have no spotting
my dear mona....I can not found the rigth word for you rigth now....and believe me I know how you feel....I bin true misscarry 7 time but im not saying with this to that is your case....my only advice is to go to another doctor first, to ask for a ultrasound and to check if can found the heart bit and for last to cheq you level of hcg few time to see if incrise or dicrise....i think is a good thing to you are not spoting or bliding....don't lose hope...that is the last thing you have to lose but in case it happend....yes, will be painful fisicaly and mentaly but you will go true, what you can not aloud you self to be afraid to try again and lose hope....if it happend, you should not give up and keep trying...look at me....i bin true 7 and im still here figthing....im rigth now 8 week and thanks god everything so far is goin good....if that baby don't make it and you keep trying, one day one will be, one will make it true and you will be a happy mom....im here for you for whatever you need...dont be afraid to ask....and you will be in my pray....god blees you and take care of you and your baby.
hii im charlotte i'm not to sure if im pregnant but iv missed a month period
i'm so hoping i am :) have wanted a child for a while now
but i feel discomftert down below and just other stuff my boobs are tingerlin sore nips to and i get cramps that are only there for like a ten second job
with my perids there normally there for alot longer what you rekon if anyone wants to no more detail ????? thanks alot x