Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
2 chemical pregnancies, low progesterone, how to treat it?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

We had been trying for our second baby for one and a half years. Had 2 chemical pregnancies as a result of low progesterone. Am clueless how to treat it. Can anybody give some ideas as how to deal with low progesterone and go to have a successful pregnancy. Thanks
i know there is treatment.  it is curable. if u have low progestron pregnancy doesnt stay cause progestron helps it to stay.
You need to speak to your doctor. After my last miscarriage I asked my doctor to check my progesterone levels when I got pregnant this time. It was indeed low. I am on Prometrium progesterone supplements until 13 weeks.
Thanks ladies. I am going to the doctor in 10 days. I start losing the baby very early, even before I get a positive in HPT. That is like in the third week. Can that be treated too?
Sorry to hear about your loss. One of my friends was put on progesterone supplements when she was ttc. Her doctor told her to take progesterone starting at cd14 till cd28. I don't know how long she continued but she eventually got pregnant. Hope you get a sticky baby soon! Good Luck!
that is a good idea to be on progesterone right after ovulation, but I have also heard that if you are on progesterone and not pregnant that cycle then your cycle days may get messed up...is it true?
I saw your post the other day and I am so sorry that this one was also a chemical pregnancy. :-(

If it was because of progesterone, I know you can take the progesterone supplements during the first trimester and they do work.  My mother in law lost many babies before 7 weeks pregnant because of low progesterone, but finally once that problem was fixed and she took the progesterone supplements, she went on to have 3 healthy babies (my husband being the first).  

I hope the next time is successful for you!  Keep us updated.  I'll be thinking of you.
Thanks for getting me hopeful....Hope my next one sticks
KTowne commented on photo
1 hr ago
hansen20 commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy