2 gestational sacs, 1 empty
I had my first u/s at 5 1/2 weeks (they thought I was 6 1/2 weeks, but turns out I ovulated late and I'm measuring at 5 1/2 weeks).  They found a healthy looking gestational sac with a yolk sac inside, but couldn't see the baby, as it's too early.  Then she found a second gestational sac that appears to be empty and smaller in size.  Is there any chance that this really could be twins?  Or because of the size difference, is it already a vanishing twin?
Did the doc say why it wasn't a cyst?? I have a huge cyst and when I got my u/s I thought it was a second sac but doc confirmed it was a cyst.
The doctor said it was a second sac.  He said its fairly common for this to happen and for whatever reason, the second one didn't develop.  He said not to consider it a loss of twins because it could have always been empty.  I was just wondering if it's possible that there still be a developing baby in there maybe it's just too early to see.  I go back on Jan 11th for another u/s.
Ooooh I see! Interesting. I hope all goes well at second u/s!!