22 weeks pregnant and contractions and leaking
For the last cople days I have been having small contractions but are painful at times and last night began leaking some sort of fluid.... I called the on call doctor and they told me to go to labor and delivery last night, but I live in St Louis and we had sheets of ice on the roads.. There was no way to get anywhere.. So I just drank water and rested. This morning it began agian... Im not sure what is going on or if I made a huge mistake in not going in last night! I am only 22 weeks and had preterm labor with my son at 24 weeks but was corrected by medicine daily!!! What do you think could be going on?
5n1
honestly, if you could make it to the hospital, I would go, since you have a history of preterm labor!!! what is the fluid like that you are leaking? is it like your water???? and how often/far apart are the contractions?
Im not entierly sure what the fluid is but the contractions are like 5 or 6 an hour
5n1
I would definately go to the dr if possible...If you are having more than 4 an hour that warrants a trip to L&D....Have you tried laying on your left side and drinking lots of water? If so, did that help the contractions?
I called the exchange and thats what they told me to do!!! Im trying that and if it doesnt help I will go to labor and delivery!! Thanks for the help!!
5n1
You are so welcome...let me know how it goes...Good luck
And if the weather is bothering you I would call the ambulance or a taxi.  I hate driving in bad conditions, but to me I would hate risking any complication on waiting.