27 weeks & abdominal pain
Hi all,

I'm currently 27+3 with my 5th child (lost twins @24weeks in 2008) & for the last 24 hours I've been getting stabbing pains on BOTH sides of my abdomen.  It's a sharp stabbing pain that I've NEVER felt with my previous pregnancies & it HURTS like hell. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, but have noticed they have gotten more intense over the last 4 hours.  I'm on bedrest due to threatened pre-term labor & I haven't had any recent bumps or injuries. Other then a screaming match with my VERY defiant 7 1/2 year old yesterday @ bedtime nothing has really happened.  Immediately after the argument I felt cramps & felt "wet" below, but upon calling the L&D ward I was told that everything sounded fine & NOT to come in unless I started bleeding or lil one wasn't moving around. My local hospital is completely useless & I don't want to go if it's nothing, but am worried.

PLEASE HELP

Melissa
When you're pregnant nothing is too small. It's possible it could be contractions and you would need to be looked at. I'd say go in and get looked at. The worst thing they can say is everything is fine, but it would at least give you peace of mind.
TY for responding. it's been 3 hours & the pains are constant.  I've tried calling L&D again as it's after hours & need to let them know I'm coming in.  I was again told it's unlikely that it's labor & to only come in if my water has actually broken & I'm soaking a pad in less then 30 minutes OR I'm bleeding & soaking a pad in 30 minutes.  I haven't slept as the pain is enough to keep me awake so I'm trying my best to hold out until 8am when there is a shift change @ the hospital & then will call yet again about going in.
With all the complications I had with my 2nd DD I worry about things repeating this time.  I'd LOVE to be able to avoid the hospital this weekend & just go to my scheduled appointment Monday, but have this feeling in my heart that I'll be taken in with pre-term labor again.

Thank god this is my last child & it's almost over.  I love my kids more then life itself, but can only handle so much before it's too much. (sounds REALLY bad & isn't meant the way ppl are bound to take it) Really tired :-(
Well did you find out were the pain was coming from!?
if you're on bed rest for threatened pre term labor that is completely stupid they told you not to come in. i would go in anyway if i were you, tell them you are in horrible pain. they can't turn you away.
Hi Melissa.....I am still following your story.

How are you feeling now?         sara
Hi Sara,

TY for following it.  My meds balanced out, although I've found some patches work better/longer then others.

I'm still getting these damn pains & they don't seem to be letting up much.  I don't know how to describe them other then a stabbing pain about 2inches across from my belly button on both sides BUT not at the exact same time.  They have left me feeling VERY drained :-(
Is it a constant stab?  I so wish you could cross the "border" and get to a hospital.......Hopefully you will get some sleep tonight.  I will keep checking back.     sara
It's not 1 constant stab, but feels like I'm being stabbed over & over again.  They really hurt :-(

I tried calling around to find the kids father, but of course no one has seen him.  I even thought of knocking on their doors to catch him there, but too much work to bundle up 2 kids & go running around looking for him cuz he wants to hide.  I have tried Tylenol & heat throughout the day hoping it would help, but sadly NO relief.  I even took 1 of the T3s that my OB prescribed for my migraines & all it did was make my nausea flare up reall bad & make me tired.  I got a 2 hour nap on my couch with my youngest thanks to it, but feel so bad as my oldest was left to sit & watch tv by herself.  I didn't mean to drift out on her & hate that I did.
I know that she knows to not answer the phone or door & if something was wrong to wake me, but with how difficult she's been the last few days I really could've used that time one her instead.

I wish to god that I could get to another hospital, BUT up here if you've been seen by 1 hospital they will NOT see you at another, instead they urge you to go to your home hospital or where u plan on birthing, with of course the exception of the specialist hospitals in Toronto.  This is the 1 time when living down there again would come in handy :-(

Anyway I'm off to try & get my youngest to sleep yet again as she's being the difficult 1 tonight & I'm EXHAUSTED.

Will update in the morning. TY & HUGZ  

Melissa
update?
Well last night was ABSOLUTE HELL !!! I couldn't get to sleep at all as the pains continued through the night.  To make things even better the lady who lives above me decided to start vacuuming at 4am.  I couldn't leave my apartment to complain as my oldest was asleep, youngest was wide awake from the noise & I was in pain, so I sent her a nice little message on facebook. This is what I wrote "are u kidding me? It's 4am on a SUNDAY & u're up there running a vacumm !!!! I think you need to re-investigate the noise by-law which prohibits ANY excessive noise after 11pm & before 8am. I'm asking nicely that you refrain from it in the future as I have 2 young children in my apartment & a new baby due in a few months. Next step will be contacting the board with a formal complaint & then if it continues I will have NO choice but to file a report for noise with the police.Trying to be nice, but when my kids & I get woken up by u banging a vacuum around at insane hours or the COUNTLESS times I've ignored the banging when Ben was up early.. it gets VERY draining as NO ONE in my apartment sleeps then." I thought it was to the point enough, but still polite considering it was after 4am.  Instead I get a response back claiming I'm harassing her & she's filing charges. WOW !

I noticed when I got my new prescription for my Fentanyl that these particular patches weren't lasting more then 36 hours IF I was lucky.  Last night I put a new 1 on & within 12 hours I was in such horrible pain & withdrawals I thought I was gonna die.  My girls sat here & had to watch while I was kicking & screaming in agony.  I was freezing cold yet soaked in sweat.  My heart was racing, hands & feet were ice cold & I couldn't see straight.  I called over to the pharmacy & explained the problem.  Apparently I'm not the only person who has had issues with that particular lot group, so they asked for me to bring them 1 of them & issued a new 1.  They're calling the manufacturer to report the issue & will let me know tomorrow about replacing the rest of the prescription as I can't be changing them every 10 hours.  While leaving the girls saw their "donor" & started screaming that they wanted him.  I was in too much pain to try & argue it or avoid it so I gave in & let him come back.  I dunno what I was thinking, maybe hoping that we could sit & talk.  I do love him still, but he's put me through such hell that I'm terrified to even think of letting him back in. I got him to put the new patch on & thankfully it only took a few hours for it to work, but when it did kick in I fell sound asleep, I think from the sheer exhaustion of no sleep for the last 2 days.  2 hours later I woke up to my youngest screaming she wanted mommy & my oldest arguing with her father. So nice to know that he hasn't grown up at all.
I'm on the fence on whether I should let him stay the rest of the day & have him leave after the kids go to bed, let him stay & try to talk later, OR get his *** out now? HELP !?!?

Thanks ladies for reading the LONG posts & for your help. Any suggestions for the pregnancy pains, back pains, med issues & marriage crap is appreciated.