28 weeks 3 days and think im leaking
hi everyone im 28 weeks 3 days pregnant and i think im leaking but im not sure for the past few days my underwear is soaked through that bad i need to change my underwear about 4 times a day i thought itmight be urine but i think i would know if it was urine could anyone tell me showed i be in pain and what colour the fluid is and does it have a smell im not sure what to look out for could anyone help me please
I'm not sure about that early but my water broke at the beginning of 38 weeks.  It was totally odorless and I would say just slightly more thick than urine.  I can't quite remember but I would say that the color was mostly clear with maybe a hint of cloudiness.
I had a huge gush that continued until we were about halfway to the hospital.  By the time I got to the hospital I think most of it had come out.  When I was waiting for my c-section there was very little.  I think the way it comes for every woman is different though.
Do you think that it might be discharge?  A lot of women get a lot of discharge.  Enough to need a pad.  Have you talked with your Dr?
If you think your water broke you should call your OB right away, better safe than sorry.
I didn't pay too much attention to what it looked like or smelled like b
Stupid computer
because it broke in my OB's office so she sent me straight to the hospital, I didn't have to question it, I just knew.
I thoought the same thing happened to me and when I went in to my appt the next day I asked the nurse and sge asked me was it  a continual flowing then I would be leaking...I told her no but I woke up one day in the the middle of the night and I as soaked. It sounds like you may need to call your doctor to be on the safe side
blinka- thank you so much for your comment im not sure if it is discharge i had watery discharge at the beginning of my pregnancy but its just been in the past couple of days i feel im soaked through i havent saw my doctor since the first week of december i see her next thursday i know when i was pregnant with my daughter i was leaking but not until about 38 weeks i thought it was discharge and some slight pain but by the time i realised what it was i was in labour thats why im wondering if it could be fluid or just discharge because im not having any pains just wetness
depressed- i have had this for the past few days and im never dry when i put on my underwear within a couple of hours im changing them. its not like its damp i can handle damp but im soaked can i ask what do you mean continual flowing does it have to be pouring out me to be leaking or like discharge leaking but all the time
does it smell like sperm???that is was amnioti fluid smells like.
I have a lot of wettness, i an soak through a liner in a few hours. since i am in the hospital they test it for fluid sometimes and its always negative but i have leaked fluid this pregnancy at some points, it replenishes itself every few hours
evthing4reason- YES it does smell like sperm
will i stop leaking or will it keep coming until my baby comes

I would definitely make a call to your dr office and tell them you think your water broke or that your leaking.... they will get you in test you and see if your leaking fluid or discharge.... I dont really thing this is something you should wait on..... If you water did break it could be dangerous to the baby and the fluid level can get dangerously low.... Just give your doc a call and see what they say..... Good Luck
i called L&D because i was told to by my doctor but when i phoned they asked when was my next appointment i told them next thursday they told me if im leaking through the weekend i should go see my doctor on monday they said there no point coming into L&D if your not sure your leaking they asked if i was im any pain but because im not they told me i should'nt worry just wait till monday to see my doctor i also told them i think i have been leaking for a few days but they said i should just wait if i go into L&D they will just send me home so i should just wait till i see my doctor
i dont know what to do
If your water is breaking, that means your baby has a greater chance of infection.  I would call the dr. again - someone should be able to tell you something.
its now to late to phone my doctor it is now 6:45pm over here and the only place i could phone is L&D and i phoned them and my last post explained what happened so i looks like i will have to wait till monday to see a doctor
no you should just go into L&D..if you are leaking they only have 24 hours to get the baby out
if I were you I would just go to the nearest ER and tell them what is going on, that way you will be seen right away. They can swab you and will be able to tell right away if it is urine or amniotic fluid. You don't want to loose all your amniotic fluid, that wouldn't be good.
I went to the ER about 4 days ago because I thought I was leaking fluid, it's like watery - and it feels like its CONSTANTLY coming out. The doctor at the ER didn't do much, but if they think there's a reason for concern they'll do an ultrasound on you to make sure you aren't leaking, so I'd say go to an ER, better safe than sorry. What mine was, was apparently an overproduction of bacteria just making me have a lot of watery discharge, i'm on medicine for it now and it has stopped.
Go to Labor and Delivery and have them test the fluid!
I agree with the ladies..... Its better to be safe than sorry..... I would go to the ER and they will do a simple swab test and will be able to tell if you are leaking or not... I am not sure about what the L&D told you....doesnt seem right.... anytime you even think you are leaking you should phone the doc....they definitely should not have told you to wait... There is a GREAT chance of infection if the bag has ruptured.... I would def say to make the trip! I hope all goes well! Good Luck!
as long as it is not gushing it is ok. keep drinking lots of fluid, but yes i would go to l&d. the very distict smell means it is amniotic fluid.they can do an u/s to measure you fluid. when this happened to me at 26 weeks there was not enough fluid to measure. so i was sent to a hospital in the next city. the next afternoon i had adequete fluid levels but have been here ever since because we found out my cervix was shortened

****when wetness doesn't smell like sperm (or urine) it is due to our loevely hormones and is normal and can be wuite heavy