Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
29 weeks and already 40% effaced
I am 29 weeks pregnant will be 30 this coming Sunday.  I am a high risk pregnancy. I have had throughout a portion of my pregnancy what they called irritability which they said I had to watch and be careful with because it could eventually change my cervix.  I was having a bout with it this past Saturday so I went to the hospital to be safe.  They checked me and said that I am 40% effaced but not dialated.  i was not having contractions but irritability was showing up on the monitor again.  My question is:  Is already being 40% effaced at 29 weeks a concern?  This is my second pregnancy but I had a miscarriage with the first and didn't make it past the first trimester so I don't know what is normal and what to expect.  To me being that far effaced already seems so soon.  Could this be a sign that I may deliver early?  or is it completely normal to already be effaced that percentage?  Any information anyone has I would appreciate.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Im sorry im not sure because ive never been checked before 40 weeks. I know u csn lose ur mucus plug and having false contractions that early but i have no idea about dilating or your cervix thinning out so early. Good luck finding the answer. I wish i knew.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1417986816
Blank
desderius, Shannon79, KeeLolo, hansen20, and Hollus commented on KeeLolo's status
2 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
5 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
5 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy