3 hour glucose tolerance test
I had my 3 hour glucose test on Saturday, becasue of course I failed the 1 hour one.  I called the docs office and they said that they would have my results for 2 or 3 more days.  I then called the lab that did my blood work and they gave me my numbers.  After fasting for twelve hours it was 76, the max was 95 so that was good.  One hour after I drank the glucose stuff it was 123, the max being 180.  At two hours it was 181, max being 155. The third hour it was 38 the max being 140.

My blood sugar dropped from 181 to 38 in one hour.  That is almost 150 points and seems very wierd to me and my mom almost had a cow that it was that low.  I don't know if any of you know but does that sound way too low to anyone?  Do you think that I failed and have gestational diabetes?  Any insight would be appreciated!!

Thank you!
I think you have to fail 2 out of 3 draws to have gestational diabetes.  I'm not sure.  unfortunatly I did fail my test, they never told me what my numbers were just that i definatly have gestational diabetes.  i think you should be ok since it looks like you only failed one draw.....but like i said i cant be sure.
Thank you!  I wasn't sure and they have to wait for the patologist to interpret it. I was mostly worried because mine dropped so much from the second to third hour. Now I know why I felt like I was going to pass out on my way home!

Sorry to hear that you did not pass!  At least it goes away once baby is born. Are they just having you control it with diet or do you have to take insulin?
Your numbers are supposed to be UNDER the max.  I would be worried if they went OVER not under. This is a general idea of what they go by.

Results of three hour glucose tolerance test
Gestational diabetes will be diagnosed if two of the following values are exceed the normal limit.

Fasting - 95 mg/dL
1 hour - 180 mg/dL
2 hours - 155 mg/dL
3 hours - 140 mg/dL

Many times if you DO fail 2 out of the 4 they will repeate the test to make sure.  But not all doctors will do that.  The numbers you listed above show that you only exceeded the limit on ONE of the blood draws.  That sounds good.  I had to do the 3 hr this time and my doc never gave me my numbers just told me that I was "borderline" and to watch my sugar and starch intake...no insulin, no more tests, no strict diets....I wouldn't worry til you hear from your doctor.
HAH! I'm such a dope...I didn't pay attention to the date on the OP and didn't realize that Dr. Logan-dipstick-moron had done his spam posting and bumped this one up LOL
LOL GA, yeah I noticed that there were a lot of really older posts up on the front page today and I thought medhelp was screwing up.. Stupid "dr_logan"  >:(