31 weeks-head cold moved into my chest
Well, the head cold has now moved into my chest. I've been sleeping in a semi-sitting position so as to avoid too much drainage into my lungs. I went to the doc at the walk-in clinic on Saturday and all they could give me was a z-pac and told me to take both benadryl and sudafed at the same time (so bubs hasn't been as active lately, I'm sure he is just as dopped up as I am). It is already hard to breath when your this far along and now I feel like my lung capicity is almost nil. It's almost like there is an elephant on my chest. I get winded just trying to move a little bit.  I keep telling myself just 9 weeks left, but if this is how I feel during labor there is no way that I'll make it through. I almost feel like I have the flu, but I'm not vomiting and my temp is very low grade and at times non-existent, plus I'm still hungry (not sure if that is just casue I'm preggers though). I'm putting vicks vaporub on my chest but I can't breath through my nose so I can't smell it (DH says I stink of it from a mile away and DD thought it was cool so she wanted to have some last night too) and I'm not sure that I can tell a difference in my chest congestion either. There has to be something out there that I can take that will start giving me some relief. I think I need to make an appointment with my regular doctor and go see him. The last time I got like this, I ended up with walking pneumonia. I so, don't need that right now. I've also been putting warm compresses on my chest which seem to help my coughs be a bit more productive.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe I should go get a humidifier and some of the vicks stuff to put in it and see if that will help.
You sound absolulty miserable!  I'm sorry you are so sick.  Definitly call your regular doctor!

I hope  you feel better soon.

Kazwel
I know how you feel~  I am 36 weeks 2 days - and I had a head cold about 3 weeks ago and still feel stuffy and congested.  I was told that I could take tylenol cold/flu - robitussin cough syrup - cough drops - sudafed - benadryl - and I mainly switched off and on with these but the tylenol cold/flu work best, especially at night - My biggest problem was all my drainage went into my ears, instead of lungs.  I couldn't hear out of my ears and I got an ear infection.  Ears/nose are still stuffy today - but I promise it will get better.  Just watch that your fever doesn't get above 101 - if it does you need to go to the hospital.  That's what they told me anyways.  
I would try a humidifier as well.. When did you start the z-pack?? I know that can take 48 hours or so to kick in. I dont know if Mucinex is safe but I would put a call in .I get chronic bronchitis and walking pneumonia and that stuff is great (for otc meds..) Better than Benadryl, Sudafed, or Dayquil in my opinion

I am sorry you feel so cra ppy.. I feel bad for you.. You are a week ahead of me, and I am keeping my fingers crossed I dont get the chest thing going this Fall, I almost always do and I fear the hard time breathing.. I am sooo sorry. Try and take it easy and hound your Dr until you get some relief!!

FEEL BETTER SOON!
I too was told mucinex was safe - but check with your doctors!  I heard it does wonders (from another pregnant lady).
Great, I'm going to call the doctor and see what he says. I'm almost to the point of begging for a breathing treatment, I had one the last time my chest felt like this and it really helped, but I wasn't preggers then either so I've been cautious about what I take. I will definitely ask about the tylenol cold and flu though because at this point I'm ready to say take the baby and give me some good stuff. Selfish I know, thinking it and doing it are two different things. I just need some relief, been like this for over a week now and it just seems to be getting worse. I started the z-pac Saturday morning so, if it is 48 hours for it to kick in good, hopefully tomorrow will be better. In the meantime, I think I need a nap course that is probably the benadryl talking.