35 weeks pregnant and short femur and humerus
Hi there. I have never done one of these, but hope I can get some positive feedback. We had a sonogram today, I am 35 weeks, due to some preterm labor and light spotting. Nothing bad there, the placenta looked good and the baby looked healthy. But when we left the tech asked us to go to Dr. office for a moment. She said the babies long bones, in arms and legs, were measuring about 3 weeks behind everything else which was measuring head on. She said she wasn't too worried about it, all my genetic testing came back fine and the ultrasound at 22 weeks all the measurements were good. I am 5 foot tall and my husband is 6 ft. Of course, we are so scared of dwarfism. Has this happened to anyone?? No, we have no history of it in our family, but when you read about dwarfism, you don't have to have history. It can be a mutation in the sperm or egg. Thanks for any advice/information! We can't wait to meet our little boy or girl.
First of all, YOU are only 5 ft tall!!! THats why your little one is prolly measuring small.... Im short too only 5 ft 2 in.... You know When you look at genetics, it has a lot to do with how "Tall" your baby will be. Good luck! im sure everything is fine!
thank you so much for the response. Of course we are hoping that is all it is, I guess it just took us by surprise and the fact that is was all the long bones. It's all in God's hands anyway, right. Thanks again!