Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
36 Weeks and Pain "down there"

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

36 Weeks and Pain "down there"

Ok so this may be TMI but I am alittle over 36 weeks and lately I have been feeling exreme pressure down below my belly. The best way to describe it is exremely uncomfortable tightening. Also my vagina hurts (if that is even possible). It feels like I am being kicked from the inside and it feels like she is trying to get out lol. It really hurts and she is head down so I don't know what I am feeling. Also when I am laying down for a while and I go to get up I cant! I feel like my body is locked and I am hurting. Also I've been having alot more discharge.  

Is anyone feeling like this?
hi ther yh iv been feelin like that for a gd few wks now im 38 wks today and iv still gt major pressure n pains  comin n goin in my  lower area!   n its so difficult to  get up n walk around with the pain, i think its jst the baby getting reay really but i did find out my baby is already 3/5hs engaged, so matbe your baby is trying to  wiggle his or her way dwn to causing you discomfort!  but if  your really concerned or in  intense pain contact ur midwife. keep me posted :)
Yup, definitely feel like that. The pressure is called pelvic floor pressure. Usually it feels like your uterus and/or baby are going to fall out! Your vagina (or more accurately your labia) can be swollen and can become tender and uncomfortable. Sometimes sitting too long can make them tingle and "fall asleep".

You could also be having Braxton Hicks contractions. Next time your lower belly feels crampy and tight, feel your stomach. Is your entire stomach hard? Does it feel like baby just rolled up into a tight ball? That is most likely BH contractions.

And finally, her sweet little head is probably grinding on your cervix, causing pressure and discomfort.

Not too much longer now!
wow thanks ladies. I feel better that you guys are feeling it to. This is my first baby so I don't know what to expect. Thanks.
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
KTowne, and Shannon79 commented on Belle313's status
Shannon79 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy