36 week checkup/ dialation
If I am about to go in to my doctor for my 36 week check up, will they check my cervix and what if I am not even 2 cm dilated? What if its less than two? What if its more?
Yes they'll check. If its less its less. I got checked today and I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. If your more its just more. I think once your a 4,5, or 6 (not sure which one) they will keep you if your having contractions but I could be wrong
They don't need to check at all but if you want them to they can.  It doesn't make a difference how far dilated you are because you can stay that way for weeks.
I was checked for dialation when I was 36 weeks. I was two cm then when I went back at 37 weeks my doctor said I'm almost 3 and baby's head is 2cm away from my cervix so she expects I will go into labor soon. I guess it depends on the doc on whether they will check or not. You have up to 42 weeks (unless there's a reason to induce you sooner ) to go into labor naturally and dialate as much as you need to so I don't think being less than 2cm is going to matter at 36 weeks. And hey, you could be less than 2cm one week then shoot up to 5cm the next or you could.stay the same. I know it's so much waiting but your baby will be here soon!! Good luck momma :-)