37 weeks, 2CM dilated with sharp shooting pain in pelvic region.
Last week I went to my regular weekly doctors visit and he told me I am 2 CM dilated. I'm currently 37 weeks and 6 days. I was put on trebutaline a couple weeks ago because I was going into pre-term labor twice and had to go to the hospital. The doctor says I am now able to be off of it, so I haven't had any for about 2 weeks. Basically my question is, is that I've been having some pretty tough contractions. They'll be regular and then all of a sudden they'll stop. I've been having some pretty bad cramping. My back has been hurting on and off, but not something that I can't handle. Also, I've been getting sharp shooting pains in my pelvic area to where I have to stop myself and not move. Sometimes I'll have to hunch over because it hurts so bad, and they'll last for a good 30 seconds or so. My doctor is expecting my son to be around 10-11 pounds when I'm at 40 weeks. So could the shooting pains be caused by pressure since he's so big? This is my second child. My daughter was 9lbs 11oz's. Also, what is the safest way to help labor progress? I'll take walks, I'll get contractions for about an hour, and then bam.. they're gone. I would not like to use castor oil, as I know that can cause severe dehydration because of diareha (sp). So, if anyone could give me a tad bit of advice, that would be great. Thanks so much. =]
Sex and nipple stimulation are safe ways to bring on labor.  good luck!