Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
37 weeks and lots of pressure - sorry if its TMI

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

So i'm 37 weeks now. Today I have been having cramps(tightening of my stomache muscles, could be bh) about every 11 mins for about an hour now. but I'm having some pressure. I feel like my pubic bone is like bruised and I'm having lots of weird pressure like around butt. Kinda feelsl ike I need to go poop but I know its not that.
Has this happened to anyone else. Sorry if its TMI~
Could be that you are starting to labor and the pressure you are feeling is helping with dialation.  Could also be that the baby has engaged in the pelvis.  Drink some cold water and lay down on your left side.  If the contractions continue, you might want to go to L&D and get checked.  Some women will dialate very quickly and at this point in your pregnancy, they will probably let you deliver.  Good luck and hope you feel better.
I'm nervous I gues b/c I'm scheduled for a c-section on the 23rd.
I don't know I just feel weird today. It's odd
Im 30 weeks and ive had what they called irriated uterus, not real contractions and they were every 5-8 min but when i went they said it was not contractions.  I also have the pressure in my butt, leg and hip and they said it is sciatic nerve pain.  its so hard to tell sometimes especially being different weeks in the pregnancy.

If the contractions are consistent like every 5 min and are strong and dont go away when you change positions or do activity, it could be the start of labor.  You can always call your ob or the L&D and speak with the triage nurse and see what they think.

I cant wait til im 37 weeks:) or should i say i hope these 10 weeks go by quick,

Good luck, your lilttle one will be here soon:)
The pressure on your bones/butt sounds like lightening (baby dropping down into the pelvis).  Do you find it easier to breathe or increase in appetite (other signs of lightening)?  But the cramps sound like contractions, and if they're 11 minutes apart that could be a sign of labor.  If they don't stop or increase, def. call your doc!  Good luck--
LMC
my appetite has increased, I can eat more at one time.
The cramps are still like every 11 mins or so.

Thanks alot for all your thoughts!
Hi. Im 37 weeks pregnant today and im having alot of pressure on my pelvic and some mild like cramps in my tummy and my lower back. I have had tightening in my stomach but it only last a couple of mins and then goes soft. I have tried to call my dr and they have not called me back for over an hour now! what should i do. Is it maybe labor or is it just false labor signs?
KeeLolo Hope everyone has a great w... Comment
hansen20 16 days to csection day... ... Comment
hansen20 added the Weight Tracker
Jul 29
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy