Aa
A
A
Close
38 weeks. First baby ever. What do contractions feel like?
Besides a strong pressure and some pain, I don't know what to expect. At my appointment yesterday, my OB told me my cervix was starting to soften. Does it happen so fast?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
At first they will feel just like period pains, maybe a bit stronger but unlike Braxton hicks (fake labor pains) if you move to try and make them stop, they will continue; as they progress they will be much stronger and you'll know it's actual labor. The way I told my niece to differentiate was like this, if your pain is so strong that you can't move when you're having it, it's time to go to hospital. Good Luck and I hope I don't scare you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thanks, very much appreciated
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
If you can't bare the pain, it's real contractions. I know it sounds weird but they feel like bad diarrhea cramps... like really bad.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thanks so much
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
What made me really realize I was going into labor was back pain, but even then I suddenly started getting the urge to wanna go bathroom (pressure in my uterus) but I wouldn't go. And most importantly which my midwife told me was a really big sign was kind of having a need to lean over and having to catch your breathe every other time. This started happening to me and I was like oh my goodness I think I'm having a contraction. After I got a good read of them being 3 minutes apart I got to the hospital being 7cm dilated . What really helped after they told me I was starting to dilate was going for a walk .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thank you very much
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
881363 tn?1499245213
Blank
clog5 Unsucessful cycle in august... Comment
11 hrs ago
Blank
cevans_30 commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
15 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KTowne, and KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
Oct 19
Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community Resources