38 weeks and sharp abdominal pain
I am concerned slightly and my doc is off today.
For last 18hrs, I have had sporatic, yet constant pain across my middle under belly (barely above pubis).
Third pregnancy, just starting week 38. First child was pre eclampsia, second no issues. No other symptoms.
The pain is directly related to baby movement. Not sure if its baby causing, or baby reacting to it. Its VERY sharp and painful, almost crippling for the 20 -30 sec on avg it lasts. Similar to round ligament, but in wrong location and way more constant.
I increased water intake to rule out dehydration, still, whenever I sit down, get up, move at all, OUCH.  Last night 3am, woke up with the pain...so it does not matter what I am doing.
Should I go to ER? Baby is on Vena cava ( two hemmroid procedures already in last month). Pain is not anywhere else, always in same spot across a 2inch line underbelly.
HELP
I am so sorry for your pain. I would say its best to atleast go to the ER better safe than sorry.... Good luck to you
qwll i just wanted to know if you know what the pain is from cause im 38-39 weeks and im having the same pain as u but its only when the baby moves and i never had this pain with my first one but they told me that is the baby gettin ready to come out and that it can braxton hicks ?
well good luck ...i'm 38 weeks and feel the same ...ouuuh by the way just be happy you all most there ...good luck again
im 34 weeks and im having the same painit hit me yesterday in wal-mart  it calmed down when i sat down a little but i coughed and thought i was gunna pass out.on top of that i just goa tetnis shot a week ago a fence rod went deep in my calf and it kinds scares me because im afraid it is related this is my 2 hild and i had a c section with #1 due to pre eclampsia.i hope u fl better and if i find out n e thing ill let u know i go to the doc in a few days.
The best thing would be to call labor and delivery and ask them, I wouldn't go to the ER.  I would go to L&D.  Good luck.