Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
39 weeks is it preeclampsia

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

39 weeks is it preeclampsia

I'm asking this question for my sister Kathy she's 39 weeks pregnant today and early in her pregnancy she would get reallly swollen and her blood pressure was high so they had her checked alot for preeclampsia because she was gaining so much weight and was so swollen but around her 36-38 weeks of pregnancy her blood pressure had gone down and so did her weight and swelling but this past weekend and today she looks more swollen around her legs and face and she's having blured vision and she see spots everywhere and she's a little dizzy i keep telling her to call the doctor what do you ladies think am i over reacting?
She should definitely call the doctor.  If she is 39 weeks, and it is preeclampsia, she can safely be induced and all of her symptoms should go away.  
thank you i'm gonna try to make her or i think i'm gonna call for her she thinks it's just gonna go away and i tell her with your history you should take all those signs into consideration and call
Those are symptoms that shouldn't be ignored.  I'd have her call her doctor..better yet, make a visit.
Best Wishes!
Nope she said she had a popsicle with sugar and that she felt better now isn't that a sign of diabetes?
NO!  You are NOT overreacting.

She NEEDS to let her doctor know IMMEDIATELY.  Vision problems along with swelling can be a sign that her BP is high which may also signal preeclampisa.  Both conditions can be life-threating so she MUST let her doctor know.  Her history is also concerning (the fact she has already had high BP during this pregnancy) but what is important at this point is she is experiencing symptoms that warrant IMMEDIATE investigation .  Even if he BP was fine for the last 4 months of her appointments, that is not an indicator of what is going on now.

Your sister feeling better after eating a Popsicle does not mean she has gestational diabetes.  Diabetes will not cause sudden onset swelling.
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy