Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
4-5 weeks pregnant and bleeding! HHEELLPP!!!

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am asking this question in the hope some of you Moms out there have maybe gone through something similar to me and went full term with your pregnancy in the end... Please help assure me my baby has a chance.. I just want answers... okay here we go..

I am 4-5 weeks pregnant. Last night, I had intercourse with my husband and I started to bleed. It was brown and light so I was like okay??? I wake up the next day with very bad cramps and now have heavy bleeding of dark red blood and yes clots for you all wondering. My first thoughts were "I'm miscarrying!" I was already crying of course. I call my doctor and go see him. He talked to me, asked my symptoms and gave me a 50-50 chance on miscarrying. He said the first trimester some people do bleed and it doesn't mean they are miscarrying. He said A) you are still pregnant and are just having a bad first trimester. Or B) You had an early miscarriage and it was your body's way of saying somethings not right.

I would just like to know if anyone out there has had something like this and still had their baby in the end. I just want something I can cling on to for hope. Please help assure me or prepare me for whats to come.
Thank you for listening. :)
Not to scare you, I have heard of this happening and the baby being a healthy full term baby. In 09 I found out I was pregnant between 4 and 6 weeks and misscarried between 5 to 7 weeks. One night we had sex light blood, didn't think anything, next day heavy bleeding like a period and lots of big clots. I didn't go to dr.. Had a natural m/c. Well I am 14 weeks pregnant with pregnancy 2. Early this time I had dark brown spotting for a few hours one morning and went to hospital later that day. I found out my blood is rh negitive.. Most likely the cause for my m/c. I got the rogram shot and chances are the baby I am carrying has rh negative blood, and the first one didn't.
My point was you should ask your dr. about your blood type. Good luck I hope you have a stubborn little bean. (:
I'm currently 8weeks & 6days today and thats what happened to me when I was 6weeks. My hubby & I had sex early one morning & when we finished I noticed bright red blood. I have already had two previous miscarriages so u can imagine how much I was freaking out. By the time I made it to the hospital, I had stopped bleeding completely. The doctor examined me, told me the baby was fine & the cause of bleeding was a blood vessel on my cervix I believe. Its a really sensitive area. She also found that I had a low progesterone hormone level, which is most likely what caused my other miscarriages. She started me on a daily dosage & luckily I've made it this far. I'm further than I've ever been & hoping & praying this baby makes it to full term. I hope u make it too. Just be really careful from now... the first three months are the most critical. Good luck hun!.
I'm on bed rest & what my doctor calls pelvic rest... no sex til further notice!!! lol
I had some bleeding at 10 Weeks.turns out it was a subchronic hematoma.i'm 31 Weeks now and baby is doing good.
im 8 weeks n 4 days n my reg period jus went off jan 9. i been bleeding also. jus hopin i dont start again. jus take it easy
Ah. Same thing happend to me, with my son. I bleed till he came. But they watched close. And i was really high risk.  Go to the doc, if it becomes more or hospital. U should b great... Good luck sweets!
The same thing happened to me and I miscarried. But I have a friend that bled for about a week and her baby is still healthy and she is now in her second trimester. I hope things work out for you!
thank you for all your support. I went to the ER and sadly lost the baby. granted I'm upset but at least I know my answer now. Thank you all for commenting. I truly appreciate it.
-God bless-
ashley jane
KeeLolo, hansen20, desderius, and Shannon79 commented on KeeLolo's status
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy