Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
4 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH DARK SPOTTING

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

4 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH DARK SPOTTING

Hi~  I missed my period 6 days ago and took a pregnancy test the day after my missed period which confirmed that I am pregnant (I took 2 others after that to be sure and they were all positive).  I am very concerned however, because 5 days ago I started noticing dark brown blood after I urinate on the tissue that I wipe.  This dark blood has continued for 5 days and appears almost every time after I urinate, sometimes heavier than other times.  I am not due to see the OB for the first time for another 10 days.  I'm not experiencing any bad cramping or pain worse on one side than the other which I've read is cause for alarm.  But so far I'm a bit worried.  Please help!  
THANK YOU!
The bleeding you are having is dark.. Dark blood alway's means old blood. And some woman do bleed while their pregnant, Dr's don't really know what causes this but it can happen. As long as your not cramping or bleeding heavily I wouldn't worry too much about it, but to ease your mind I would call your Dr. and tell them that your having some bleeding and see what they say....
I have been experiencing the same thing except I am not due to have my period for another week. I had a feeling I could possibly be pregnant when this dark brown almost brownish pink discharge started so I researched it. It could be implantation bleeding. It says it can still occur after you get a positive hpt. I believe mine stopped today and I will test next wednesday but you should look it up. Google "implantation bleeding after positive hpt" good luck!!
I was 6.5 weeks when I started spotting, I had no pain what so ever. But the next day it was another story.  I hope all goes well with you, and you don't experience what I went through.
I hope all is well.. In every instance, it could go either way.  

Though severe cramping and pain is cause for immediate alarm.. The lack of pain or cramping does not mean you wont miscarriage.  I had no pain leading up to finding out my ovum had stopped developing. I had some light pink discharge when I first found outI was pregnant but that was about it and it was when I wiped one time.  I was 12 weeks when I officially found out, stopped developing at 7 weeks.. I had some brownish discharge a week before my US that was suppose to confirm my due date. but once again it was a couple spots in my underwear with no pain or any continuation.. probably a sign that my body was getting ready t naturally expell it.

This isnt meant to scare you but I know I tried to justify that the doctors were wrong when I found with the fact that I had no bleeding or pain.  

It is important to remember, that every symptom you have is normal for some and not for others. and in thecase of early miscarriage, you cannot prevent it.Try to relax (as stresss wont help) and wait it out.  You could bleed your whole pregnancy and be fine.
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy