4 weeks pregnant and no sac or yolk can be seen
Hi can any advise me. Had a few cramps and an 4 week 3 days pregnant. Went to hospital yesterday and they scanned ne bur can't see a yolk or egg yet, I am hoping it is all too early.hgc levels are 1100  so u think they expected to see something,they advised that my uterus wall is a good thickness. They have also said that it cud be ectopic, I am hoping it us too early to spot anything, thanks emmag
You cannot see a sac until you are about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. When I had IUI I was monitored closely because of higher risk of ectopic and previous mc's. The RE didn't do a scan until the 5 1/2 week mark and that is when we saw the sac and it's location.
Yep, I think it's just a wee bit too soon yet, keep positive, sure it will all be fine!
At 4 weeks, it's probably too early to see anything. 1100 I believe is good. Are they planning on checking your blood hcg levels to see if they are doubling??
Hi, thanks for all your support, I am going back to hospital tomorrow morning when they are going to do another blood test to check the hgc levels. I read that 1100 was a good level but the doctor seems to think she should be able to see a sac, fingers crossed she is wrong and all is well. Again,thanks to u all I feel mire reassured now x
Yep, too soon.  My doc doesn't do a u/s until at least 6 weeks.  I have known MANY people that have not seen anything at that stage.  I just don't think you would really.  I wouldn't worry.  I'm sure everything is fine.  At 4wk 3days, you have only just missed your period so again, it's just too early.
It was an internal scan that I had, do you still feel that it is unlikely for anything to be detected? Thanks again