5 weeks and 2 days, no yolk sac
I went in to my OB this morning for my first ultrasound which read that I am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  There was no visible yolk sac or embryo.  The doctor told me to prepare for the worst because this probably won't end well.
I am on progesterone supplements and my hcg levels are pretty normal (progesterone went up from 10.3 to 16 since the 6th of July and my hcg went from 876 to around 12,000). I just recently had a colposcopy in May and the gynecologist oncologist told me my uterus is tilted back.  Could this have anything to do with it?  This is my first pregnancy and I'm 19 years old.  This was not planned but I really want this more than anything.  Is it too early to see the yolk sac and embryo?  Should I lose my optimism?  What could be the cause for this?  Is there still a chance that everything will be okay?  I have so many questions but when my OB told me all of this I just didn't know what to say.  I have more bloodwork to be done tomorrow and my next ultrasound is on Monday July 25.  The anticipation is killing me.  Doc said there was no sign of an ectopic pregnancy.  I think that's all the information I have.  Help?
A tilted uterus can definitely make things difficult to see. I found out I have one, and when I had my first ultrasound it took the tech forever to actually find the embryo and heartbeat. I was 7 weeks when I had it done, and it was vaginal. She had to tilt it in every direction to finally find it. The quality of the machines, tech experience and vaginal/abdominal ultrasound also makes a difference.

I wouldn't lose hope just yet, and there's always a chance everything will be ok. As for what could be the cause for this, that's really impossible to answer. IF (and I'm not saying you're miscarrying, this is general) you're having a miscarriage, it's often due to a chromosomal issue with the child itself and not the mother. Miscarriage is actually much more common than women believe, and 1 in 5 will have it. This might actually be higher, as many women miscarry and never actually know they were pregnant. I know all this means nothing when you're actually having it, but a miscarriage isn't an indicator that you won't have healthy pregnancies in the future. I myself have a 10 month old baby girl, but a little over a month ago (almost 2 months ago now) had a chemical pregnancy.
When I had my first u/s at 5 weeks 4 days there was nothing and I too have a tilted uterus. I am now 28 weeks pregnant with a little girl. Even though its hard try to relax and keep faith. Good luck.  
Clysta- thanks for the information, it was my OB that did the ultrasound, it was also vaginal I forgot to mention that.  She didn't even really look for long.  All she said was, "this is a very simple thing to do and I can't seem to find anything."  I'm not comfortable with her at all so I think after Monday I'm going to switch doctors.  She didn't seem to care too much about looking further into it.  
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage, even thinking about the possibility really hurts me.  I've been doing a lot of research since I found out I was preggo and yes miscarriage is very common, something I didn't know until now.  I almost wish I still didn't know I think it's made my nerves worse.

Hopefulmom17- hearing from someone who's gone through just about the same thing kind of makes me feel better, I can only hope that this is my situation.  Thanks for the luck, I need it.
Just got my bloodwork results in, my hcg went up to a little over 17,000 and my progesterone went up to 17.7.  I am on progesterone supplements so I'm glad to see that it's going up instead of down.  If I would be miscarrying would they continue to rise like that?  Besides that I haven't had any bleeding, so is this a good sign?