5 weeks pregnant and persistant bleeding?
Hi, iv just found out I am pregnant after 4 years of trying. I found out on sunday morning and started spotting on sunday night, I went to the out of hours and got told to go to my gp, I did on monday and they booked me in for a scan wednesday.. Although tuesday I had a lot of pain in my left side and was bleeding a lot.. I had a scan but couldn't see much as I am so early on, I only have one ovary due to having polycystic ovaries I had my right one removed, I also have a bicornate urterus which means my uterus almost appears to be parted in two, we seen the sac on the scan and also noticed I have a cyst on my remaining ovary. The doctor thinks that is what's causing the pain and the bleeding is because my uterus lining on the right side is so thick, I have a scan for the 26th but that's 12days away, I'm still bleeding although its much lighter then before, I still have a few cramps every so often in my left side too. I haven't passed any massive clots and I know it doesn't sound very nice but the ones I have passed I have checked and they appear to be just blood. I'm still having morning sickness but I'm really scared, I never thought I'd get pregnant and now I am I really don't want to lose it?! If anyone can just give me some advice so I know what to expect I'd be really grateful x
Your doctor should have ordered you a blood tests to check you hcg levels its the quickest way to find out if your misscarrying.. i would call and ask & i wish you the best
You could go to the hospital, sometimes they could do a bloodtest to find out your levels to see what's happening. Other then that there isn't much you can do and I know it's horrible playing the waiting game, but just relax and what happens will happen and I say this from x2 experience. At least there is actually a reason why your in pain eg the cyst and sometimes women do bleed and everything is fine. I've got my fingers crossed and thinking of you. Goodluck hope you get some answers asap xx
Thank you, I have just rang my doctor and waiting for a call back. I will keep u updated.. I appreciate ur feed back..xx
Goodluck (:
ask your doctor to do blood test to see current hcg levels then she should repeat the test after 2-3 days to check whether the hcg level has increased sufficiently to sustain the pregnancy or not.
Just an update to u, heartbroken to say that sadly I miscarried last night. Thank you for ur advice and help..xx
sorry to hear about your loss .
Aww im so sorry too hear thT! Keep trying though dont let this stop u please hun
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you, I know its hard but it will get easier. Give yourself plenty of tlc and tell your partner to do the same. Xxx
So sorry to hear your news. Thinking about you.
Very sorry to read this. Take care & while you may not take comfort in this straight away, at least you know you can get pregnant. I wish you all the luck in the world xx
I am having the same my hcg level is 4600 but my doctor has not said if that's good or not I am booked in on thursay  for a scan I think I am 4 weeks.