6 week ultrasound yolk sac but no fetal pole
Hi Ladies.  I'd like to know if any of you had an ultrasound when you were around 6 weeks along and it showed no fetal pole.  Because of fertility issues (I have been trying to conceive for over two years after a miscarriage) I see a reproductive endocrinologist.  I went for an ultrasound two days ago when I was 6 weeks and 2 days along (I had an IUI on 3/30 so I know exactly when I ovulated/concieved).  I was expecting to see the baby and a heartbeat but all that was seen was the sac and yolk sac.  The nurse said that implantation may have happened late and not to get too alarmed, but I am definitely TYPE A personality and worrying is just what I do!  My RE said the yolk sac was 4 mm, which was good, as anything over 6 mm would have been worrisome, but he basically said there is a 50/50 chance the pregnancy is viable.

I go back for another ultrasound on Tuesday (I will be 7 weeks).  The RE said at that point if there is a baby 100% it will be visible at that time.

I would just like to know if any one has had a similar experience or known someone who had a similar experience and how everything turned out.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.