Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
6 weeks pregnant and bleeding.

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

6 weeks pregnant and bleeding.

I went to the doctor 1/13 for an u/s because I was spotting light brown.. When they did the u/s they found a sac but no baby. On 1/15 I went to the restroom and it wasnt light brown spotting anymore I was bleeding dark red blood no clots. So I went to the ER and they did a vaginal u/s and they found the baby but no heartbeat. They told me at 6weeks its ok not to find a heartbeat. They said the sac looked good and my cervix was still closed. Then on 1/18 the whole toilet was filled with blood and I had passed little clots. I thought for sure I had a miscarriage. I called my doctor and he told me to come in. When I went in they did another u/s and they seen the baby but no heartbeat again.My cervix is still closed and the sac still looks good. I have another u/s 1/23 bc the doctor said I should for sure see a heartbeat then. Has anyone had this happen to them and turn out to have a healthy pregnancy?
Hey, I have no idea how to answer your question as I have never been pregnant, I just wanted to wish you luck and hope that everything is ok :-) sometimes people can have random bleeding so ya never know xx
Let me begin by saying I am so sorry for what you are going through, as I know it can be very stressful, emotional, and painful.  I too had a similar experience. I received several ultrasounds and showed the baby but no heartbeat and its very normal to not see a heartbeat this early.  Sadly mine resulted in a miscarriage, I hope this isn't the case for you. Just know that it is common for women to bleed during early pregnancy and still have a healthy baby. Bleeding can be cause by many things, i.e. miscarriage, blood clots, ruptures, infections, etc. As of this point there's nothing left that you can do and it is God's will.  There's nothing that a Dr. can do to prevent a miscarriage, but I hope and pray that yours don't result that way.

Keep me posted
At 5 weeks during my second pregnancy I started bleeding bright red, worse than a period and with clots. It lasted almost everyday for 5 weeks and then one day just stopped. Turned out it was from a cut in my uterus called a subchorionic hematoma. As for that pregnancy continuing my daughter just turned 3 and is as healthy as can be. She also tested into school early because she is such a smarty pants! Bleeding does not always mean miscarriage. I would ask your doctor to check your hcg levels and see if they are doubling properly. I hope that everything turns out OK. Please let us know what happens.
Thank yall so much. And to alaysha that makes me feel alot better! I hope that everything turns out good. And I will let all of you know what happens.
Please let us know what happens c1579!
hansen20 new bump picture up! I have... Comment
5 mins ago
hansen20 uploaded a new photo
10 mins ago
KTowne, KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy