Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
6 weeks pregnant but no symptoms + fell down the stairs

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi, I'm 24 years old  with a normal 30 day cycle and I just found out I was pregnant 1 week ago through a HPT. I'm currently in my 6th week of pregnancy and have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever. No tender breast, no nausea, no fatigue - nothing. I also did a blood test to confirm the pregnancy and it came back positive and asked for a HCG level test and it came out to 2575 mIu/ml but that was 4 days ago. I asked my mother how her pregnancies were and she told that she had no symptoms through out her first trimester and that I shouldn't worry because I'm probably like that as well. But I can't help but worry! If that wasn't enough, yesterday I fell down some stairs (around 5 steps) on my butt. I bruised my arm because it broke the fall and my butt is a little sore but nothing major. My back doesn't hurt and I'm not cramping anywhere and there was no bleeding but I'm still worried! So I have couple of questions - is it normal not to experience any symptoms at 6 weeks? Is it possible to detect a fetal heart beat this early in the pregnancy through a regular ultrasound (not transvaginal)? I'm on vacation and I'll be back home next sunday but I can't wait until then! Can this type of fall be harmful to the fetus or lead to a miscarriage? Any feedback would be much appreciated!!
every one is different but it is still normal to not have any symptoms. make use of this time because you could wake at 3am fine then by 7am up puking with morning sickness. it hits so quick for some, if you are going to get any. after 7 weeks you are more likely going to see a baby on the ultrasound, late ovulation/implantation can delay this but it is normal to not see anything at 6 weeks although some still do see something. when you see baby, you will see the heartbeat. a bad fall can lead to miscarriage, i am not sure how soon afterwards it would be so i would say this to your doctor when you next see them. no bleeding is a good sign though. good luck!
Yes its normal I experience no symptoms throught my entire pregnancy. I dont think so I believe it is 8wks when you hear the heartbeat.  Sometimes yes but because you havent felt any cramping then your probably fine. If your still worried about it go in to the docs and get checked out. I fell full frontal when I was prego with my daughter and everything was fine. Of course my knees and hands werent so fine cause they caught 95% of the fall.
dont get worried it normal with some women, i never vomited nor have morning sickness in my first pregnancy.
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
hansen20 would you think if it would... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy