6 wks pregnant and no heartbeat
My last mp was 10/27/11. I went in on 12/21/11 for my first ultrasound and all she could see was an amniotic sac, no baby. It looked completely empty. She said either I was much earlier in my pregnancy than 7 wks 4 days or that it was a blighted ovum. My bloodwork that afternoon came back with high beta count and she said she was 90% sure that it was a blighted ovum, no baby??

I went back on 12/27/11 and the amniotic sac then had a yolk sac with a little smudge on the side. Dr said there was growth but she wasn't sure why my beta was so high.

Back again for a 3rd transvaginal ultrasound on 1/4/11 and there was now what she called a fetal pole. It seems the same as the crown rump that was mentioned in earlier posts. She said she measured it and I would've been about 6 weeks pregnant. Problem is there was no heartbeat detected.

I will go back again next Thursday. She says if we don't see a heartbeat by then it will be considered a lost pregnancy. What I don't understand is how can the baby still be growing but there be no heart? Should there be a heartbeat present already? Should I be concerned? If there is no heartbeat next week, should I wait another week just in case?

Thanks!
This happened to me but later on.

I was about 7 weeks pregnant and told my doctor I felt off, that something was off. ( military doctor) they said I was fine at about 8 weeks I lost all my symptoms. I knew something was wrong yet the doctor would not do any testing..

At 12 weeks they tried to find a heartbeat on a Doppler. Nothing.
At 13 weeks same thing they couldn't find one on a Doppler
At week 14 they still couldn't so brought in a very small ultrasound.
Then same day sent me to another ultrasound. (big machine)

The baby had not been found. The sac etc was the size of a 14 week pregnancy. Fluid and all. I have had no bleeding at all...

They said to go home and wait. I did,

Week 16 still growing a belly. Then I went home to be with my mother.

After many doctors and appointments they set me up for a Dnc round 21 weeks... It was so har trying to find a doctor outside of my own to do it but I was getting an infection.. They did an ultra sound and I had a 21 week fluid and uterus and a 8 week baby at the bottom..
Also make sure YOU are satisfied before you do ANY surgerys or cleansing pills.
there are so many times that women go in for an u/s at 6wks and the heartbeat is not seen, try not to stress to much, by next week if you have a viable pregnancy you should be able to see the heartbeat, your ovulation may have been alot later during the cycle you concieved, this is not uncommon
The heartbeat isnt always seen at 6 weeks. I didnt see my sons until I was 7.5 weeks and I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 7.5. I was really upset as well. Dont worry just yet.
Yes they told me the same my doc did an us and found a slight heartbeat went back and my baby heartbeat was 169 don't give up there is hope
Thank you all for your responses. I feel a little bit better. Hopefully things will work out for the best.