Aa
A
A
Close
7 weeks Pregnant; spotting and lower back pain
I am having such a horrible time, physically right now. I don't have trouble sleeping at night, but during the work day, I am a mess. Not only am I 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, but I've been spotting for the last couple of days, and since I found out that I was expecting, my lower back has been aching something terrible. I'm talking about excruciating lower back pain. I have tried cat stretches and other stretches to dull the pain, but it's not working. I've always had in the back of my mind that the epidural I received with my first pregnancy has something to do with it. Or may be it was how i carried my first child. Anyhow, can anyone suggest excersises, food, something to help me get through this first trimester. i just started a new job in Corporate America and can afford not to work daily. Thanks for your time!
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
271399 tn?1242833735
hi I don't have any advice for you, but I will pray for you & your situation.  I hope everything gets better for you.  G'luck & God bless.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
187316 tn?1386360282
I have my boyfriend massage my lower back and put icy hot on it. When I wake up the next morning it feels fine. However if I go days without a massage my back hurts SO bad.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i am a certified athletic trainer.cat stretch is more for mid back.  try knee to chest (double and single), rolling the knees from side to side while lying on the back.  and sitting in a chair, knees shoulder length apart, and reach down in between and try to touch the floor.  these stretches should be held for 20-20 seconds each.  having the massage and icy hot put on before the stretches will help too.

i too am having low back pain at 6 wks, so i feel your pain!!
hope this helps!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you so much, I will try that as soon as I get home. Thanks for your concern!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
178590 tn?1294180367
Sorry about the pain I had that too it was aweful  the spotting could have something to do with the pain but spotting is normal in some  early pregnancies so don't worry about that.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
18981035 tn?1474954407
Blank
sweetbee3 added the Weight Tracker
3 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank