7 weeks pregant, positive in pregnancy test but no fetus found in vaginal ultrasound??
Hi. I was diagnosed by a doctor that i am 7 weeks pregnant. do some pregnancy test at home 2x result is positive. Even the doctor conducted a pregnancy test twice and the result is positive. However in vaginal ultrasound no fetus found. 2 ultrasound results both no fetus found. I dont know what is happening to me. I want a clear result re: my case is that possible not to see fetus on ultrasound test but positve in pregnancy test? Pls help me..
How did the doctor determine you were 7 weeks?  Did he do a blood test or did he just base that off when your last period was?
The Dr's dates could be off if he's basing how far along your pregnancy 'should be' based on your last period.  You could have ovulated late and only be 5 weeks pregnant or something and the baby just can't be seen by the ultrasound yet.  Your best bet is to go back in a few weeks and have them do another ultrasound.  Also, they may want to keep an eye on your hcg levels by taking blood.
Hi..becky.. yes you're right. doctor determines that I'm 7 weeks pregnant because of my last menstruation.. No blood test yet.. just ultrasound and pregnancy test.. thanks becky..
hi.. thanks for your advice.. i really need that because im soooo confused re: my pregnancy right now.. yesterday doctor told me that I need to be D&C-ed or Dilation and Cutterage. In tagalog RASPA. It means the doctors need to take out the blood or baby. But I refused because I believed based on the u/s results theres no baby or fetus but he said that im pregnant based. I am confused.. So I will take your advise and perhaps go to other doctor for 2nd opinion re: my case
I'm so glad you're getting a second opinion.  I can't believe he would recommend a D&C without being SURE how far along you are with a blood test!  Everyone's cycle is so different and you may actually only be 5 weeks along or something--which wouldn't necessarily show up on the US.  
i would get a second opinion because women ovulate at different times.  the doctor is only supposed to use your last period as a guide, not an actual date.  Did they see a sac in the uterus?  you might not be as far along and if you are only 5 weeks, you may not see anything OR it could eptopic and could be in your tubes.  the doctor should check to see if anything is in your tubes.
thanks leigh for the post.. i appreciate it.. yeah i really need a second opinion.. you know im going crazy thinking about this.. see your pic.. nice and good luck for the baby and take care
A second opinion is great. They can tell you if they at least see a sac forming, and if they see one they'll go on measurements based on THAT not your LMP.

The first U/S I had all you could see was a tiny black spot but no sac. then a week later We saw a sac and TINY fetus....

For a long time they said I was a week off on my dates til the baby began measuring correctly!
hi.. :)  really? you see a tiny black spot on your first U/S? I remember.. They saw a tiny black spot on my first U/S and they assumed that it is a cyst.. and not a sac or anything.. Good to hear it from you guys.. I really appreciate all your post and advise..

Thank you so much

God Bless
i was 12 weeks pregnant and spotting i went for my 12 weeks scan and there wasnt a baby in the sack. That nite i was in v bad pain and lost blood clots and had to have a DnC. The lady at my scan told me i had a phantom pregnancy which i cudnt understand as i had a sac and a placenter has anyone else had this problem?. i fell pregnant again a year later and had a scan and the baby was there but unfortunatly i had a miscarage at 9 weeks. a year later and im preg again so fingers crosed and good luck every1 charlotte x
my wife has taken 3 home preg test all came back positive she took one urine test with the doctor and come back negative?? my wife then started to get some pains and loss of blood so we went to the hospital where they took another urine test and came back negative so they then took a blood test which came back as positive with hcg levels 117 we had a ultra sound which they could see nothing which the women doing it said she would be able to see anyway at such an early stage (3 - 4 weeks) so then she done an enternal untra sound to see if she could see a sack but again nothing we have to go back on 4 days time but were so confused to wether she is pregnant or not, any advice would be fantastic thank you
I would start a new thread for this question (go to the top of the forum page and click the green post a question box) You will get more responses this way... this is a VERY old thread that you are posting on right now...
As far as your question... your wife may just be too early to be seeing anything on u/s and the urine tests at the Dr. office are not as sensative as some of the home tests so that could be why the one at the Dr. office was neg...
Are they drawing more blood to see if the levels are going up? I think its a very good thing they the scheduled another u/s... hopefully you will see more then!!
Good Luck!
Okay, Please let me comment on this. Okay I heard at the hopital, that all pregnancys are plus 2 weeks or minus 2 weeks.

Also let me tell you a story, my brother girlfriend was pregnate. She went to the hospital. They did an ultra sound. Now mind you she was sapose to be 6 weeks. Well in the ultra sound there was nothing. They didnt see anything. They told her they were very sure the pregnancy died. And that she would start bleeding very soon.

Well it was a lie. Its been 13 years since she was told that. And my niece is entering the 8th grade.

Her mother was pregnate with twins. And there was two sakes. At the time all they could see was the one. And the other sake never developed.

So I will pray for you. And hope the doctor just was not able to see anything. Maybe ur not as far as you think you are. Maybe you are only 5 weeks and thats why they cant see anything...
I do not want you to get upset about what I am going to say but a similar thing happened to me ten years ago. I missed my period, did hpt and it was +. Went to Dr and did another and it was +, had bloods done and +. Dr said I was 6 weeks pregnant. I then had to have a scan about 2 weeks later and they could not find a sac etc, so the u/s person asked if she could do an internal scan and still nothing. They were stumped! I did another hpt and it was + although I didn't really feel pregnant. Went back to dr had more bloods and was called in to say the levels were low and about two days later I miscarried. Ended up in hospital for the night as it was very painful..still to this day the dr had no idea what it meant. Mentioned ectopic, but internal u/s would have showed that..I really hope it's not the same for you.. Sticky baby dust going your way with toes and fingers crossed..Sorry if this upset you, but it's a forum and we all come here for information and stories from others..
Best of luck to you
Any good news???
It is possible that some symptoms that are referred to in this thread where the pregnancy results are positive but no fetal heart rate can be identified as the "Blighted Ovum Pregnancy".
Link: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blighted-ovum/AN00418 (copy-paste in the URL and press "Enter").  
However, having said that, I would like to point out that when a doctor say "You are positive, yet we can't point to the baby's heartbeat, we need an ultrasound test, make sure you are not getting examined by a "Sonologist" who will take the ultrasound test, yet unqualified to detect a fetal heart rate. Instead, go to a reputable OB Gynecologist and ask for an Internal UltraSound test. A probe (instrument) will detect your baby's heartbeat if you have a live one and can rule out the Blighted Ovum Pregnancy. Hope this clears everyone's query.
Please help me I'm 23 year of age. I lost my baby last year due to miscarriage... i haven't undergone to D&C procedure because of lack of money.. and the doctor said that the fetus is out and but she want to make sure that there is nothing in uterus so she suggest that D&C procedure.. but i decided not to because of lack of money.. Can you please help me what will happened to me? after that i experienced so painful cramps when i have my menstruation.. and i try now to have a baby no sort of withdrawals almost everyday we try but im not pregnant. Please help me what to do..

by yan
I went to the doctors today did two Home pregnancy test both positive I did them three days apart went into the doctors and did blood work and she sent me for an ultrasound and the lady wasn't saying anything so I asked do you see the baby and she said no I said is that normal she said it could be to early but she can't tell me anything so I went upstairs to my doctors and got her to call the lady and she took me into her office and said that the lady could not detect a fetal heArt beat so it could either be that the pregnancy didn't take or it's to early this is nonsense why can't I get a clear ANSWER
IM going through the same issue
IM 7 weeks pregnant confirmed by at home pregnancy test 2x both said positive also at my Dr's. They did an ultrasound twice one 3 weeks ago I expected to see nothing because I was so early but 3 weeks later still no baby showing in the uterus but the Dr's office did another pregnancy test still positive. IM having no bleeding cramping but not near my uterus so my Dr suggested i go to the ER but they r looking at me like IM crazy. IM running out of options. I had 4 pregnancies and i know you should atleast see a sac? but IM having no problems except i can't see the baby or even a sac.
My daughter has done 2 pg tests and they did a urine and blood test all positive but no fetus or bag found in ultrasound she is lactating what is the problem why can't they tell us anything
Hi how are you feeling? I would Defoe get second opinion and demand a blood test...I have had the same as you..two positive home preg tests two off doctors..I was about 8 Weeks..I went for u/s but they couldn't find baby :-(  I had blood test and turn out to be ectopic..I don't want to scare you but this is very dangerous for us women....I really hope you can get better results xxx good luck xxx
im 4weeks by my last period n i woke up spotting so i went to ER n they did a ultrasound an told me they see four sacks but no baby in them , im  going back next week to get another ultrasound n praying they see something...they couldnt find out why i was spotting but it stopped the same day of ultra sound so my prayers go out
help i found iut i was pregnant two weeks ago via a home test then had a little spotting no clotts just a tiny bit of blood so i went to the hospital just to be safe they confirmed i was still pregnant and booked an emergancy scan have no idea how far gone i am then i went to the scan and they couldnt see anything they have booked another for in a week but im worried and gojng out of my mind can anyone help ?
I had an home test which showed positive, I however went to have a scan and my womb was totally empty. Please I need someone to talk to me, what is actually wrong with me? Am I pregnant or not? I just need to know my status so as to be calm. Am 5weeks pregnant. Please reply. Thanks.
Keep us posted!!!
Go and get a second opinion and demand blood work!!! Why is he jumping from missed menstruation to ultrasound anyway?? Always stick to the feeling inyour gut. If the doc is suggesting something you think feels wrong, go to another. Doctors are human and can make mistakes too.