A abortion question
im sorry if i affend anyones believes.. but my girlfriend and i have decided for a abortion.. she is two weeks late... we have had numerous positve pregnancy results and at clinics... we made a appointment for a surgical abortion on friday.. my question is how this all works if anyone can help me... how many weeks is she pregnant?... is the surgical procedure the right choice, whats gonna be the success rate?
The way it works can vary depending on the clinic. In some places they use a tool with a hook and it more or less removes the lining and the child. Other places will use a vacuum which ***** the baby out along with the tissue. You go from her LMP to date a pregnancy. Is it the right choice? I personally say NO as I'm strongly against abortion. My thoughts are that if you decide to make a choice for sex (which is MEANT for reproduction) you should own up to that. Usually the success rate is high, in the terms that it will kill the child no matter what. There are times however they don't remove all the tissue and you have to go back in and get it redone.

In the future, make sure you're using protection at all times and it would also be wise for her to get on some form of birth control to prevent this from happening again.
thank u... do you have a idea how far along is the pregnancy and if so will the ultrasound pick up the pregancy if shes only been late for two weeks?... is it best to waite awhile longer?... i will be more carefull in the future, i feel as if i dont want to have sex anymore.
Probably she is 4-5 weeks and it is to early at this stage the ultrasound pick up any thing . best of luck to both of u
thank you... i was thinking it might be too early to do so... i dont know if its best to do the medical pill over the surgical since it being so early.
Without exact dates of when her last cycle was and how long her cycle days are the best guess anyone can make is that she's anywhere from 5-7 weeks pregnant. As for waiting, do you mean waiting to get the ultrasound done later, or waiting to have the abortion done later. It's possible that you could see the fetal pole, sac and a heartbeat or you might see just a sac. These could influence your choices or they may not. I mean, if you're both dead set on an abortion I don't know what having an ultrasound done would do other than confirm what you already know.

As for if it's waiting to have an abortion done, I can't answer that.
medical pill works if been taken in 24 hours after sex, most likely , at this point surgical is a beeter choice ,
The abortion pills can be taken at many different weeks, not 24 hours after sex. At that point there's not even a pregnancy, and therefor nothing to terminate. I think you're thinking of the Plan B pill which isn't an abortion pill. It's a preventative measure to attempt to prevent pregnancy, but doesn't harm an existing one.
ive been told the even though the blood and urine test show a positive for pregnancy they still have to have a ultrasound done... they will have the sound off and the screen turned away... we want to get it done the sooner we can.. we do not want to waite if we dont have to.
no there is a medical abortion pill that you can take withing 9 weeks that can terminate your pregnancy..
well i did not know about that medical abortion pill withing 9 weeks , good to know , thanks :) maybe i need it  in future
This is something only YOU and your partner can decide. Both have pros and cons. For example, if you use a pill you'll see what she passes when it happens. Depending on how far along she is you could also see the fetus itself. It can also be painful, as well as negative. I know a few women who had a poor reaction and needed blood transfusions due to blood loss. In others it doesn't work at all and they have to have a D&C done or they need it because it didn't expel all the tissue. Then there's the D&C itself-- in some cases (albeit rare ones) it can cause damage to the body from perforation of the uterus or to the bowels and might affect fertility in the future. This usually only happens when an unskilled doctor attempts this or there's a complication during the procedure.
so clysta we already decided on the surgical abortion.... from what your saying is its probably best to go this route?... on the surgical abortion im just worried if they happen to miss the egg when there using the vacuum because of it being so small.
I don't have an opinion on that, nor can I give you a best idea route. I find the entire procedure of aborting a live pregnancy extremely disturbing. You just have to make the choice of what sounds best to you.

In terms of missing it, they won't. They scrape out the entire lining in the uterus as well or they suction out everything. There are however things you might have to prepare for after the abortion. Many women suffer from depression and/or regret after having an abortion done so if it does therapy might be a good thing to think about.
i know i ****** up... i really did... id love to have the child if i was financily set.. im far from that... i felt tht i was carefull but i guess i failed... ill just have to live with this.
Have you considered adopting the child out? Abortion is far from the only answer out there. In terms of stability, few couples ever are and there are ways to make it work. My husband and I live on one income of less than 1200 and make it work-- it's just a matter of how hard you're willing to try and what you will sacrifice. There's also numerous programs out there for couples that are under poverty level that give assistance.
we talked about adopting, i couldnt... id get attached to the unborn child... at the end of the day i know its possible, living in america and all.... but we are both very heavy in school.
At the end of the day only you both can decide. Adoption is a very selfless thing and it takes a strong couple to do. It offers the child a chance at a wonderful life. Abortion (depending on the circumstance) works better for others for whatever reasons. If you think it's best, then it's what you have to do. Just don't be in the mindset it's the ONLY thing out there.
very true.... we are gonna go tommorrow for our visit and see how everything is gonna work out.
Good luck to you both, and just remember to think long about this choice. The shock and fear of this can push you to make choices you both could come to severely regret in the future. Sometimes the most unexpected things can be the best for us.
I agree 100% with everything Clysta has said.

If you are absolutely determined to have an abortion, you will find some good support here and hopefully things will go smoothly with your girlfriend whatever your decision.

Remember...our true character shows when life throws us curve-balls, disrupts our best-laid plans, and we rise to the occasion.
Good luck boots. I've got someone close to me going through this turmoil right now... It's the most horrible decision to make.

Dont let anyone judge you, I'm sure you're doing that enough to yourself. Counseling is a very good suggestion. Talk through your options and make sure you are both very certain of your choice.

Sometimes a decision of abortion can be best for the feutus
Emotional and financial stability have to be considered as does the relationship. It's the hardest thing in the world to raise a child (the most amazing miracle and reward too)... But most people go into it unprepared (as you can never really understand sleep deprivation etc until your in it). When/if you are ready to have kids you will never regret it. But if it's not right for you now, then that's ok. Just make sure you both get help (pre &post) to process and move past this stage of your lives.
I wish you the best at this hard time.
Search abortion online, specifically on youtube. You can find videos of how it is done, and actual procedures being done.
We just came back from the clinic and her urine results came back negative... All last week she was positive?... The ultrasound just showed blood?... I don't know what to do... I want to get this situation behind us.
It may have only been a chemical pregnancy, though I recommend that you go back for blood work to find out the actual HCG levels.
Is there any way I can get lab work from one clinic and take the results with me t the abortion clinic?
Now that I'm crying...I need to go hug my children and let them know I love them.
Hello i would say shes about 7 or eight weeks because she missed her period two weeksnormally wen you miss a period your about 5 or 6 weeks. And NOONE can tell you if this is the right decision for her. And i mean noone not evem you. If shes ok w/it then go ahead. But remember this is sonething you will never forget. From personal experience i had one in which i was sort of pressured its a very emotional process especially if shes being pressured. It happenrd only a few months ago and i still thinkk about it daily but i know it was the best choicee for me and has gave me another chance to go into the army:) surgical abortions are totally safee buy make sure you go to a well known doctor so tht you can get the best treatment. They will most likely suck the fetus out but she wont feel it nor remember anyrhing that happend during the procedure. If she 7 or 8 weeks then its like a 2 min procedure. Just make sure she takes the meds the doctor prescribes after and that she goes to her 2week or 4 week depending where you live follow up
i agree with clysta. there is no point in having an ultrasound. as long as she is only a few weeks pregnant they can do the abortion. if your not ready to deal with the consequences of sexual intercourse next time make sure you both use some sort of birth control so an abortion doesnt have to be an option
When you get an abortiin its necessary to get an ultrasound so they can see exactly how far along she is!!