AC measurement of the baby - less by 2 weeks constantly
Hi All,

Am 36 weeks now, went for a scan and my doc said that AC measurement of the baby seems less by 2 weeks, when I asked about the same, he said that baby seems to cope up with the current growth rate and he would be more worried only if the growth is less by more weeks when compared to the previous scan(previous scan also there was a difference of 2 weeks). Other measurements seems 2 or 3 weeks ahead to the GA. Though, the doctors words seems positive, I am worried to the core.My question is that
1. Will there be any problem for the baby, before and after birth?
2. Is there any way by which i can help my baby? I dont smoke and drink

Thanks in Advance

Priya

Its completely normal for all the measurements to be different. It could he that you are having a longer skinny baby whereas other women have shorter fatter babies. Or it could me absolutely nothing. This far along in pregnancy measurements are far from exact. I had ultrasounds weekly from week 32 on because my daughter was measuring 3 weeks small. When she was born she was almost 7 lbs and bigger than my first.
I agree with alaysha. I love my Ob and his entire staff but a week before i was to have my daughter they did a sono and told me she was going to be around 6 lbs (they estimated almost 4 wks small) . well come d-day @ 40 wks and 2 days, we all got a suprise my "little" girl had a bruised face and a fractured shoulder...she was 8lbs 8oz! Im tiny and she almost didnt fit! Its only an estimation. Dont dwell on it.