Abdominal pain
I am 7 weeks along and everday just about, at least once or twice a day, I've been experiencing period-like cramps, although they are very mild, I am concerned and wondering if this is normal.  Someone at work told me that's it's my uterus stretching....?  
I have had cramping for my whole 16 weeks so far.... I'm pretty sure it's just the growing uterus
YES it is nomal..Your uterus is stretching making room for the baby..
Cramping during early pregnancy is very normal, as long as it's not severe and/or accompanied by blood. It is just your uterus and muscles stretching to accommodate the baby. As you get further along you'll probably notice it on either side, which would be round ligament pain and can last for a few weeks or your entire pregnancy. If you ever feel something isn't right, speak to your doctor and they'll be able to give you advice on what to do.