Am i pregnant or are my "symptoms" due to coming off the pill?
Hi, i'm slightly confused as to whether or not i am pregnant or if my symtoms are due to coming off the pill. I stopped taking the pill a month and a alf ago. Got a period after taking my last pack during mid april. I have been off the pill for 3 years and decided to come off them due to personal reasons. I am in a very loving relationship with my partner, we are looking to start a family within the next 2 years and when it happens doesn't really matter. I have been very irratable lately, sore nipples, feeling EXTREMELY tierd and have been feeling extremely nauseous throughout the day (on and off, particually in the morning) i have done a pregnancy test which came back negative however i took it around the 13th of May which was around 2/3 days late of my period. I have been using no contraception since coming off the pill. I have heard it does take a few weeks to have a period after coming off the pill, i am just very confused as some sytmtoms of coming off the pill are simialr to being pregnant. I have never been pregnant before and have never come off the pill before so these symptoms are all very new to me. Please help!! xx
im confused. you said you stopped taking the pill a month and a half ago.....then you said you have been off the pill for 3 years.....did you mean you were on the pill for 3 years?

it might be because you came off the pill and your hormons are changing. it might be because your pregnant. you took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. i would say wait a few more today and/or get blood test.
It could be a few things.  You could be pregnant because it is possible to get pregnant right after getting off the pill (some people say it takes 6 months, my OBYGN said whenever I was ready to TTC to stop the pill).  But, you could be experiencing PMS.  When I got off the pill in August 07, my period was off for the first 3 months and then I fell pregnant (but m/c'd 2 months later).  I also experienced for back pain and break outs before/during my period.  Sometimes pregnancy symptoms and period symptoms are very similar so it is hard to distinguish between the 2.  Also, you took the test 2-3 days after your missed period, but it could take longer because the pregnancy test measures the pregnancy horomone and some women take longer to produce enough to show up on a test.  Try taking another test (since it's been a week now).  But my 2nd period after getting off the pill was 3 weeks late, so it could be either.  You should contact a doctor though, because they can always do a blood test which would confirm whether your pregnant or not.
I remember when I first came off the pill about 6 months ago (I was on the pill for about 7 years) the first couple of months were horrible. My periods were always on time, but my PMS symptoms were excruciating (breaking out, really sore breasts, horrible back aches, nausea). Everything with regards to PMS that I felt while I was on the pill was doubled/tripled after I came off. I thought the same thing, that I might be pregnant, but it was just my body adjusting itself. Those extreme symptoms lessened after a few months, now everything is back to normal. I would still take a couple hpts just to be sure though...you never know.
I wasn't on the pill, I was on Depo, but for 2 months after being off it I had nipple soreness, nausea... etc. it was the hormones leaving my body,however.... with depo the dose is much higher.
When I came off the pill I had extremely sore nipples straight away, I had one regular cycle then I was late. I thought I was pregnant too because I was so late and my nipples were so sore. I kept taking tests but they all came back negative. About a month later I still hadn't got my period and I took another test, it came back positive. According to the last day of my menstural cycle it would''ve been 11 weeks 6 days, however ultrasound confirmed 6 weeks (extremely late ovulation I believe was due to coming off the Pill). I had pregnancy symptoms way before I was pregnant coming off the Pill. Unfortunately I miscarried that child. I've heard of lots of people getting pregnant right after coming off the Pill because you have a burst of fertility.