Anxiety and Depression
I have had a problem with anxiety and depression pretty much all my life. I had been on some kind of medicine for about 5 years. I stopped my medication last year in March because my Medicaid was running out since I was about to turn 19 in May, my cut off date and I wanted to give myself a chance to feel all the withdrawals before it did. Ever since I have been pretty good at managing it. I hadn't felt depressed out of the blue, just when I was stressed in some way. My anxiety stayed with me, but manageable. But the last two weeks my mother and I haven't been getting along and I have had trouble with my depression. Whenever I am alone my thoughts all come to a head and I get really depressed. I do feel like hurting myself during these episodes, but I am able to ignore them. I haven't had a problem with hurting myself in the past, just a few times in those 5 years on meds. But I am 31 weeks pregnant with my very supportive fiance who has helped me through everything. But even with all his help I feel like I need to get help for the health of my child. I was wondering if any of you expecting ladies have had trouble with this during their pregnancy. I don't really want to go back onto meds especially while pregnant, but if it might help I will try. Have any of you been on medicine for anxiety or depression while pregnant? Any idea what meds are safe?
Im 18 yrs old ive suffer with aniexty most of my childhood when i found out i got pregnant i got alot of anxiety attacks during my first three months i was in and out the hospital i was at the hospital a whole weeks with meds i was taking medication called buspar it was totally safe for my baby i stoped using it as soon i knew i could slowly try to control my aniety myself now im 36 wks and 1 day and i feel great my baby is very well developed it seems like everything is fine now i hope you find a soultion quick i understand how your feeling i went through it even got to the point where i didnt want my baby and i didnt want to live because i felt like the anxiety was stronger and it was taking over me
I too have been suffering from depression and anxiety. When I found out I was pregnant I stopped taking my meds slowly. I've been doing fine until two weeks ago when my depression kicked back in because of a lot of stress it was the anxiety that got me. The attack was so bad that I blacked out and was put in the hospital. My point is its not good for the baby at all! Please get help as soon as possible, keep me posted! Good luck