Any gender prediction myths work for you?
Totally for fun, completely unscientific but just wondered whether anybody's experimented with any of the old wives' tales -- Chinese calendar, needle test, how you carry, wide nose, etc. -- and actually gotten an accurate result. More than once?

So far our results are split 50-50. The one predictor that seems to work most of the time? The mother-in-law test. Theoretically, your firstborn child is supposed to be the same gender as your mother-in-law's first baby. By and large, it appears to work in our family with rare exceptions -- my paternal grandmother's first child? Girl. My mom's first child? Girl. My brother's first child? Girl. And so forth. (Plenty of boys, but on that side of the family, almost without exception, they went to the female blood relatives who married, or were younger siblings.) If it holds true, we'd expect to have a boy first. Not that we won't take what we can get. :-) [Besides, the Chinese calendar says otherwise!]
I actually thought about using one of those gender predictor kits just for kicks and giggles. I can't wait to find out! im hoping the appt after this next coming one on dec 13th, they'll be able to see. Although lil bean is so active, it was extremely difficult to even measure it at last ultrasound.
I tried the chinese calendar and it was right, we found out yesterday it's a boy.
I had a boy first, my mother-in-law had 2 girls before a boy...the needle and thread was accurate for me...i was massive all over with my son, but really neat with my daughter...too early to say with this one, but havent put on weight anywhere other than my tummy which is making it really obvious and im only 8 weeks!...
According to mother in law test and chinese calendar, we're having a girl! I'm so anxious to find out!! I cant decide which sex I want more, I'm just ready to know.
I did chinese calnd with both kids an it was right. I did the girl or boy urn test with second it was rite, we will c if chinse calnd workd this time on the 14 th cant wait.
Chinese chart, and mother in law one were right for me. Were having a little girl!

The gold band one was definitely wrong though. (:
Chinese calendar, gender prediction test, mother-in-law, the way i was carrying and this weird test my mom did with a sharpened pencil needle and thread- were all right when i was pregnant with my son :)
I wonder if there is something to the theory behind that Chinese calendar (or just something in the water.) Three of my cousins gave birth within the past six weeks or so. All boys.
Well, the gender predictions were right. Were having a lil GiRL and I'm soooo happy. Its high time I have a little sidekick, esp with the hubby and two stepboys filling the house with all their testosterone and hate for chick flicks. This lil girl will DEF be spoiled rotten!
neither were right for me lol.
Im having a baby girl and
the chinese gender thing says boy,
and her heart rate would say boy too. lol.
but nope, all girl!
I have had the needle test, the ring test, the nose thing, a psychic, the how are you carrying thing all pointed out to me, along with the Chinese gender predictor and everything else and they all said i was having a Girl.

All were WRONG.  the u/s (and the 2nd one to confirm) show its a boy.   let me tell you the baby flashed it around... he wanted us to know he was a for sure boy.  

The needle test said I would have 3 pregnancies, 2 girls then a boy. I've have 1 MC,  so still not adding up there. The ring test my SIL did to me, she held it and it said a girl. I hold it over my stomach minutes later and it says boy. My nose didn't change. The psychic said girl...kept saying she she she the entire reading but nope.

the amount that was circled in the U/S photo we got to reveal it to us for sure a boy.