Aa
A
A
Close
Any idea why I'm still testing positive?
Due to medical reasons, five weeks and four days ago I had to have a medical abortion done at five weeks+ pregnant. The abortion was complete, the gestational sac passed and the subsequent ultrasound showed a clear uterus, and the follow up two weeks later also showed nothing abnormal.

Four weeks and two days after the procedure, I got my period and it lasted for about 5 days. Immediately after, at exactly five weeks after the abortion, I took an at home pregnancy test. Imagine how freaked out I was when it came back positive!

Concerned, I went to the hospital to get checked. Again, the ultrasound was clear even though the blood test came back positive for hcg (though I forgot the exact level)

I have been on a low dose bcp since the procedure was done, and my husband never finished inside me. Could I actually be pregnant again, or could the residual hcgs still be present at high enough levels to register positive on tests? Other than slight lightheadedness and fatigue, I have no other pregnancy symptoms.

My husband is away on a business trip until the end of the week, and I'm freaking out all by myself here. Any help or support would be much, much appreciated.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Its most likely hcg.  I had a miscarriage last year.  It took 4 months to get normal cycles back.
I'm sorry, ill pray peace for you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Pregnancy Tracker