Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Any tips for avoiding illness in pregnancy?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I know herbal remedies and most over the counter drugs are out but does anyone have any tips for pregnant women who get sick a lot? So far I have had two colds, an ear infection and walking pneumonia and I'm only 16 weeks along in only the beginning of winter. The only advice my doctor gives me is to wash my hands a lot but this clearly isn't working. I got my flu shot so I'm not too worried about that but I know constantly being sick is not good either. I drink plenty of orange juice, eat healthy, sleep and take me prenatels every day. Any other advice out there? I can't really afford to take time off work right now since I'll need as much time as possible off in March.
Viatimn c pills what I heard n a lot of organge juice I'm the same way always sick
I heard that too much vitamen C suppliments are also bad when your prego though, I'm not sure how much is too much. Normally when I start feeling run down I'll take one of those and an echenasia pill after a meal but was told this shouldn't be done during pregnancy
You shouldn't take echenasia when you are pregnant!(just to clarify!)
Vitamin C is ok to take....I think the only risk of taking too much is that it will give you the runs and then it'll dehydrate you. That will take a lot to do that to you though. Vitamin c is good for the development of the baby's bones. It's actually good to take. Def take in extra fluids to flush everything out.
That must be absolutely terrible to have that and not be able to take anything really. It's hard because pregnancy lowers your immune system.
It is frustrating, plus I have a thyroid disorder which has been out of whack (surprise!) throughout the pregnancy, which lowers my immune system even more. Seems like all the tricks I have learned over the years with my disorder for avoiding constant sickness are now a no go with being pregnant (hot green tea every day, echenasia when I'm starting to get sick or the zicam spray). I pretty much just try and rest up on my days off and stay out of the cold, I'm staying hopefull that the the mild weather we are expecting the next few days will help I still have a bit of a cough from the pneumonia.
krichar commented on photo
KTowne Little man is getting stron... Comment
hansen20 baby boy is 8 days old! Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy