Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Anyone ever have a water birth?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Anyone ever have a water birth?

This morning, my Dh, kids and I went to have breakfest with his Grandma.  And she asked us how we were planning the delivery since I don't have a lot of options.  Now I'm already expecting i'm probably having this baby at home, or in an ambulance, but I asked my dh if he'd be interested or want to do a water birth...

So my question is, has anyone had one, or thought about one, or know someone who did and it worked out great for them or what?

I'm just trying to get my options.  I'm trying to research it, so I can give my husband some good news about it..
I have always wanted to, and planned on it.  I am from California, and there are places that there that you can have  a midwife at your house to do a water birth, or you can go to a birthing center for water births.  But, I have moved to Missouri, and here there are very few midwives, like 6 in the whole state I think.  I searched within 200 miles and no birthing centeres with water births..... makes me sad  : (        I have heard that it helps a lot with pain if you are going drug free.....
I had just read this story, and this lady bought a birthing pool, and had her husband deliver the baby, and they had a doctor come and check her out later to make sure everything was 100% fine, and the doctor said he couldn't even tell she had just had a baby!  Due to the water relaxes the muscles and skin so well.  

And she healed faster.

I don't know that there is any in my state, that story was from california too.  But it did say there was a book you could order about it, and how to do it.  I'm really tempted...

You can watch water births on YouTube. I think that once you have one you'll never want to have birth any other way. It's best on your body, especially for healing up later.
PaulaAnn commented on photo
KTowne uploaded new photos
KTowne This pregnancy is going by ... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy