Anyone get Brown Spots when Pregnant?
A friend of mine noticed one on my neck last week and just tonight I noticed them all over my body. They look like big light brown beauty marks. Mostly on my legs, little ones on my arms. They don't hurt at all, their just discolored like a light brown. I did some research and it said some women get these marks and their due to all the hormones during Pregnancy...but I was just curious if anyone also had or has these and might have any other information on them?
I don't have any other information except that the hormones can change the pigmentation in your skin. Therefore you can get moles/freckles/beauty marks and a linea nigra.
I agree w/ Joy.  I have heard of the pigmentation of skin changing for  some women, but the only thing that always happens to me is the linea nigra.  That's the line that goes vertically down your tummy when you are further along.  My youngest is 13 months old and I can still see it from having her.  It has faded but still there.  It should continue to fade w/ time.
I have them on my face. They are called the mask  of pregnancy:(  Sun makes them worse, so you should always wear sun block. I posted something about this a few weeks ago. It is supposed to go away after pregnancy or at least I hope!!
I've got little spots on my chest and arms, they look like TINY beauty marks or freckles.. i've NEVER had freckles. it's from being in the sun too much. (mine is) so use sunscreen ALL THE TIME even to just run out to the car, and that should help alot.
The entire back of my neck is discolored with brown spots.  It looks like i have a huge birthmark on my neck.  The doctor said it was nothing to worry about.  All i know is that it isn't very attractive.  Good thing i'm already married =)
Okay! When I first saw them I was freaking out! Than after I did some research I learned they were normal in Pregnancy. The thing is, I'm never in the Sun..don't have time to be! So they must be just from my Pregnancy hormones. But if I ever do go out in the sun I'll be sure to wear sun block! Thanks ladies!

Mine are very light too, so I wouldn't have even noticed them if I wasn't looking for em. I just hope they go away after I give birth! :)
hi there - b4 pregnancy i didnt have a blemish on my skin but since i became pregnant my skin developed acne and i look like im covered in caramel confetti on my face :-)
makeup covers it well though! oh well the small price we pay for being lucky n blessed with pregnancy ey? lol..

ive heard it can go away after pregnancy but for some people it doesnt. my friends daughter is nearly 6 and she still has it.
fingers crossed itl disapear!

Girl I'm on preganncy #7 and I have NEVER had them...until this time.  They popped up prolly 2nd trimester...on my face....I have a lot of freckles but not I have a lot of freckles and brown blotches....they aren't exactly the most attractive things ni the world....but I'll take them over the preganncy acne i had in the beginning ANY day LOL
My mother got these when she was pregnant with my brother.  I don't know if she got them all over her body, but I know for sure they were on her face ...like along her jawline mostly.  I can't be 100% sure, but I think she may still have remnants of them all these years later (my brother's 17 now).  

Like others have said ...make sure to wear lots of sun block if you plan to be outside a lot.  
I got some of these spots on my underarm and my neck. They look really bad, like I am dirty or something. They started out light and have gotten darker as the pregnancy progresses. I also have a linea negra. I don't know if this is true or not, but some people have told me to rub my baby's urine on it when he is born and it will go away, so I know for sure I will be doing that, as weird as it sounds.
I started having these spots on my left hand and forearm 2 weeks ago.  Last week I noticed bigger spots on my right knee and a mark on my leg.  This morning they are on my left hand on a few fingers (not much, but ugly) and I also noticed some on my chest.  I asked my dr what it could be and he said I could be lacking iron but I doubt it.  I am just now 13 weeks pregnant.  So my first signs were @ 11 weeks.  This is my 3rd child and this is all new to me.  I have looked at other boards and basically got scared of lupus and all the other things and I have been searching and searching but nothing is comning up that satisfies me.  I also do hope these spots go away.  I am only 31 and I have freckles and moles but I don't mind them.  This disoloration could possible toake over my whole body by the 40th week and it's quite scary.
Yea it is very scary looking...its strange though, they are only on my legs. But they started out as spots and now seem to be taking over my entire legs! It definitely freaks me out but I've done a lot of research on it and seems to be the "mask of pregnancy" if you look that up, it explains the random brown spots that appear on your body. I definitely plan on showing my doctor at my next Prenatal, but in the meantime I'm just thinking its normal and part of Pregnancy!
Oh and to ease your mind...its not Lupus, a good friend of mine from HS had Lupus and its bright red/pink marks all over your body. Almost looks like burn marks with white bumps. Sometimes it can even look like there are tiny balls under your skin...it looks really grouce and you would definitely know if your skin looked like that. What I have are just brown blotches, almost like I put self tanning lotion on certain parts of my body or I have beauty marks on my legs. Completely different! Hope that eases your mind a bit!
I have been getting brown spots on my face for a few weeks now and over the past week they have suddenly got so much worse!!!! This is my 4th pregnancy and never had this before, I feel a bit better now knowing that its not just me and hope it goes away after bub is born. Good luck to everyone :)
I had little tiny skin tags appear with my 1st pregnancy but nothing with my 2nd,it's just hormonal,if you're worried tho i suggets seeing you doc just to put your mind at rest!
Im nine and a half weeks pregnant nd i have dark spots right below my breasts in the center.. This normal?