Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Anyone got pregnant naturally after stopping Clomid?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 months ago. I am 28 years old. My doc put me on 50mg Clomid (CD 2 to 7) and on follicular monitoring. Infortunately they didnt see any follicles. The doc increased my dose the next month to 100 mg and i was happy that they found a good follicle on the right ovary. However, on CD 17 the follicle was still 28mm and the doc felt that 100mg had overstimulated the ovary and so the follicle had become a cyst. i was too depressed since they asked me to stop clomid for 1 month and have asked me to skip one cycle. after which they will check if the cyst has ruptured and gone on its own and then resume the cycle. One good thing while i was on clomid was that it regulated my cycles. i generally have 40 day cycles. But now it is regualted to 30 to 32 days.

This month i was skipping clomid. however, i have a felling that i ovulated without clomid since my temps were hing during CD 14-18. My DH and i have been trying this month also. Hoping that we may get pregnant naturally. I there a chance that i get pregnant? when and what would be the symptoms if at all?

Any one had any similar experience. Please Share.

Cheers!
My husband and I used Clomid for 5 rounds with our daughter (now 3 years old).  Each round was gradually increased (50mg, 100mg, 150mg, 200mg, 250mg).  I did not ovulate on any of the dosages and we did not get pregnant.  We stopped using in April.  In May I got pregnant.  Go figure.  We have used Clomid again recently (same increase in dosages with no ovulation).  My doctor has taken me off because of no ovulation.  We are hoping for the same results as the first time.
Me! I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008. We tried for 11 months. Then we did 2 rounds of Clomid (50mg) without conception. So after 13 months of trying and being disappointed we stopped trying.

I got pregnant the month we stopped trying (without Clomid). Unfortunately I miscarried due to low progesterone (so if you do get pregnant, insist you get progesterone JUST in case!).
one of my friends has had that happen love, had pcos and miscarried her first, couldnt even get regular periods etc went on clomid for a few months, gave up and bang got pregnant about a month later.
Hi! I have low progesterone and my cycle is very irregular. So, I was on 50 mg clomid for 6 months and no luck. Last month on clomid was January and in February I got pregnant!! I had no symptoms for 5 weeks and wasn't even testing since I thought my periods were irregular again. So, went to the doctor for the referral to the infertility specialist and found out I was pregnant! So, it is possible. My first scan is next week.
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
hansen20, and Hollus commented on renae176's status
hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy