Autopsy translation
I've gotten and read the result of my pre-term baby's autopsy report, but I do not fully understand it due to the medical terms used. Where or how can I obtain some kind of translation so I can better understand. I need closure, because this miscariage I had is too much. Especially do to the fact that I had a healthy pregnancy and nothing in previous Ultrasound showed any shortening of my cervix, or too much fluids in the amniotic sac. I just want to know what happend.
I'm so sorry to hear that.  You can go to www.medterms.com and put in the terms you dont know and it should tell you.  If not Google medical terminology and you should find some other med term help.  How far along were you when it happened?
This happend last weekend I just got home on Monday. I was 18 weeks pregnant. What happend was that I was seeing an OBGYN. I told him that when I had my daughter in 2000, I had to have a cerclage because my cervix was oppening. He then advised me that i would probably need another one for this pregnancy just to be sure. So we were monitoring the cervix by ultrasound. I also work in  radiology, so I had my friends do frequent Ultrasounds to see my cervical lenght. Everything was going great. The baby was growing well and my cervix was long, tight and that the baby was high and well positioned. When I had my last visit with my DR. he informed me that he was leaving town and that he would transfer all his Patients to a another group of OBGYN, so he schedualed me for an appointment 1 week later. My appointment was on a Wensday, so Tuesday night while I was at work we did another Ultrasound. Again, everything was fine. When I went to the new DR. she stated that since I was a new Patient I will need to get a full exam, which included and a vaginal exam. she did. And as she looked in the chart she saw that I was probably going to have a cerclage. Mind you that now I am 18 weeks pregnant (5 months). Before I leave she stated that she wanted to check my cervicle lenght just to make sure. When she put her fingers it was painful because she pushed in deep but when I told her that it hurted she said that it is sometimes uncomfortable during a vaginal exam. I knew that it was true sometimes so I didn't make a big deal of it. So Thursday morning I had a slight pinkish discharge, but stopped. On friday morning I had again the pinkish discharge, worried I called the DR> and the nurse told me that it sometimes happens after an exem, to just rest and monitor it. I did that and it stopped. Saturday morning my water broke. When I got to the hospital they said that I lost all my fluids and that my only option was to terminate the pregancy. Now it was so hard because my baby was still moving and had a strong heart rate of 140. So I decided to wait before I make a decision. I knew that the baby needed the fluids for his lungs to expand and that letting him stay in my stomach like that could cause him a lot of complications so I asked one of my friends to come do an Ultrasound for me so I can see the fluid level. After the exam we saw that the fluids were all gone. I could feel my baby move the whole time and his heart beat was still very strong. Which made my decision even hearder. That night the DR. gave me medecine to induce the labor. I opted for an epidural because I did not want to feel anything. It was the most heartbreaking experience of my life! Now today I saw the autopsy report because I want to find out what happend. It stated that the baby had no congenital anomalies which that I knew. But it is the part when they talk about the placenta I don't understand. Well, Thank you for your advice and take care.
My God...I do know what you're going through.  I lost twins at 19weeks.  I was told it was due to "failure to thrive" mainly b/c I had a cyst that was growing so rapidly that it was basically stealing the blood supply to the placenta for both babies.  I just dont know what to say.  I know it was nothing that no one could say to offer me comfort and it was nothing that I probably wanted to hear.  I will pray for you and ask God to give you the understanding of why he made the decision he made.  It's hard, it will be hard, but it will get better.  You stay prayed up and please take care of yourself both physically and emotionally.  Your heart and soul needs to heal just as much as your body.  If you need to and if you can take you some time off for yourself.  Take care sweetheart.
Thank you for your kind words. And I'm sorry too for your loss. I pray a lot too, and I must admit that with everyday passing I feel a little bit better. But I just wish I had a concrete answer to why this happend. It just seems so unreal! Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I feel like it was just all a dream. And to make things worst, my 7 year old is very sad too. She cries a lot and it makes me sad because I have to be strong for her. Also, my breast are so big and they hurt. I don't know what to do about that. So, what did you do after your loss?  Did you become pregnant again? My husband wants us to try again, but I am so afraid. I don't think my heart, mind or body can take this again.
Take the time you need to make a decision as to whether or not you want to try again.  I can't imagine what you went through and I am shaking my fist at the OB for giving you a vaginal exam like that so early on in your pregnancy.  She should have requested an ultrasound!!!!

I hope you find some concrete answers in the report.  Many hugs to you.
Thank you so much! I am angry too that she did that. Their was no reason. She just should have looked at the previous Ultrasound report or even ordered another one. I don't know I'm not a DR. but I don't think that she should have checked my cervicle lenght like that.